Pine Closures made by Dicknee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

symbol

Reaction score
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of Pine enclosures made by dickynee????? I am getting so close to having to buy some enclosures, just cant decide between pine and malamine. I dont want plain white malamine as they will be inside.

Many thanks

You could always try PMing Dickyknee .;)

I do not do pine enclosures , sorry .
If you dont want white I can do them in a coloured / timber look melamine .

No pics, but you won't be disappointed with pine.

Surely you can ask dickynee for pics?

Edit: You're quick dickynee!

No pics, but you won't be disappointed with pine.

Surely you can ask dickynee for pics?

Edit: You're quick dickynee!

Hey Hondaboy ...I mean Falconboy ;)

You pay attention when you see a thread with your name in the title .

I thought someone said they had pineclosures made by you??

Do you have some pictures of malamine enclosures that have been made out of 'wood look' malamine?

Cheers

I thought someone said they had pineclosures made by you??

Do you have some pictures of malamine enclosures that have been made out of 'wood look' malamine?

Cheers

Yes I did do a few in the past , but no longer make them as its costly and time consuming when staining / laquering .
I find most in the hobby prefer a basic white box type enclosure ,affordable and easy to clean etc .

No pics of any made from wood coloured melamine as no one has ever brought one , maybe you could be the first ;)

No worries at all. I have just sent you an email with roughly what I am after.

I would be happy with white, however 'the committee' (aka the wife) doesn't want plain white because they will be living areas.

I am after 5 enclosures all told.

Some bunnings stores have wood grain and coloured melamine, if you cant find it there, try Laminex or Amerind They have some awesome colours.

Plywood sheets from Ebay.
From memory I think I use to pay $25 for a 2400x1200 sheet of 12mm ply.
Furniture grade material direct from wholesaler. I forget the seller & store name sorry but they are located at Granville.
Some stain & varnish, sandpaper, liquid nails, a box of screws and some dress pine and you can build them better looking & cheaper then melamine. HTH

ETA.
Ankors direct is the name of the company.
And here is their details for those wanting cheap timber.

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Heres a few of my home made quickie (other than the staining which takes forever) pine enclosure (ply backing). Looks tonnes better in real life (other than where the stain ran a bit)

enc2-8612.jpg

enc1-8611.jpg

plug for dickyknee. bretts enclosures are 2nd to none. there quality enclosures that will last you for many years and no animals will ever escape which happens from cheaper home made enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back