started my 4 bay enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will use the same as my other enclosures . heat mat under a sheet of glass on a thermostat. seems to work really well as you can see from pic below
P1000357.jpg

can;t wait to see pics of when its finished, but me being a holden fan am more interested in that VE possibly omega sitting in the garage :p

thanks mate but i have already thought of that.
have done it all my enclosures
and thanks for the input ......Monstrosity ... do you know what a big word like that means;)

Yer course I do...

mon·stros·i·ty (mŏn-strŏs'ĭ-tē)
n. pl. mon·stros·i·ties

1. One that is monstrous.
  2. The quality or character of being monstrous.:D

holy ***** a plumber that can read and write and use the net.. still doubt it must be your girlfriend typing for ya.:)
none i work with have got passed the rock art stage :)

here is a quick photo. sorry it is being used as a storage shelf at same time as being used so excuse the mess. tommorrow i will get the peg board and post a few better pics. had to take son to see transformers 2 and now drop the misses to see PINK. so not much happened on it today
i have 2 strips to put edging on and then silicone up all the gaps and paint over the liquid nails that has leached out of glass track .. so getting closer. have no real rush as they have enclosures just upgrading them to a rack a species.

P1000550.jpg

Wat size did u get the glass cut because i am doing the exact same as wat ur doing (hope you dont mind) and am stuck with the glass and wat to do to stop it sagging.

Wat size did u get the glass cut because i am doing the exact same as wat ur doing (hope you dont mind) and am stuck with the glass and wat to do to stop it sagging.
hey mate i got it cut 9 mm longer than the gap between the glass track. 10 cm would have been spot on but my cage is not perfectly square so i wanted 1 mm play. to stop it sagging i have 60mm x 15mm pine at front and back of each bay(they are painted white now) to give it support. they are liquid nailed and screwed every 100mm
will post pics tommorrow but have the peg board on and i have siliconed all the gaps and the glass for one bay in and heat and thermostat wired in to that bay. i will be moving then one snake in and the robbing the old enlosure for thermostat and glass etc then moving the next one in.

nearly done

Here is some nearly done photos.
it is no display piece but is pretty good. have painted over the no more gaps to stop it changing to yellow over time around edges with a gloss so they look slightly messy but practically it should be good. be nice to see my BHP all in one place

P1000603.jpg

P1000602.jpg

i have left the top ope at the moment as i am going to use as a storage area.
P1000604.jpg

P1000605.jpg

Dude thats is awsome. Im sure they will love it. Ill try and do a bit on mine tomorrow. THanx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back