Cairns trip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not such a good idea at all - this is the middle of winter you will find nothing out at night.
There is nothing like a good advice ... :rolleyes:

not such a good idea at all - this is the middle of winter you will find nothing out at night.
There is nothing like a good advice ... :rolleyes:

End of August in the middle of winter now?
Fuscus, I'm not really into herping these days, I just logged on to send a pm to someone but there's plenty of options that time of year, depending on what the weather does. It's a good time for diurnal herps. If we get a warm day and warmish night then night cruising can pay off, especially if we get a few drops of rain in the previous week. But yeah, I agree with Jason there, go west young man.

Yeah, around Kuranda is a good spot. I've just come back from a week up that way and during the day the trees along the banks of the Daintree River were alive with tree snakes, plenty of crocs out along the banks too.

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!

Seriously now, i think i read somewhere (maybe RA mag) that winter is a good time to see scrub pythons in and around tully gorge cos they are lookinmg for mates, but i think that is during the day time, when the sun first starts to warm the rocks up.
And we have seen Boyds dragons each time we have gone up there (may, june and October)
Found alot around Daintree River but have also seen them around Coopers Creek (near Cape Trib) and Lake Barraine in the tablelands.

I dont know what it will be like this time of year but driving along the road from Daintree River to cape Trib we saw alot of frogs and a couple of snakes. Only prob is that road is so narrow that in many places there is no where to pull the car off the road safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back