I hate heat mats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza09

Reaction score
I just found one cold little Bredli and a burnt out heatmat...like scorched black

Luckily I decided to clean the little blokes cage out today, the ply underneath was also black,

I like my sausages burnt black not my critters.

I guess this gives me a little more motivation to find him an upgrade cage...anyone in the far south coast NSW have an affordable setup enclosure? drop me a PM

And who else hates heatmats??:evil:

What brand heat mat were you running?

I own a number of heats mats and I've never had a problem with any of them. I find them quite useful and reliable.

did you have a gap between the mat and the enclosure or was the enclosure sitting hard onto int

send it bakc and make sur eyou use a mat stat form now on

dislexia

i meant to say "send it back and make sure you use a mat stat and habistat heat mat"

I've had a heatmat melt the bottom of a clickclack before. Instead of spreading it heat evenly, it all focussed on one spot that got super hot. Fortunately no injuries occurred before i found it.

i had a URS heat mat burn out in a month. also had a bad run with there red heat globes. i wont use anything URS now. i like alittle more quality than what URS products offer

Any burnt out heatmats i have seen have been run without a thermostat.

URS Heat Mats

I have used URS heat mats since 1998 and have not had a single problem.

If you have a problem, call them and talk to them, don't rubbish them on here.

Cheers

exo-terra and zoomed are the "best" brands to go with, saying that i havent had any returns on URS heat mats or chords as of yet, light bulbs are a diffrent story. again exo-terra is ive found to be the best, avoid JBL globes thou as we've had to send back a whole box before

anybody had problems with microclimate ones? there pretty good, never had a problem with them, mine's runnin 2 yrs now and works like a gem.

we had a URS 75 W globe that went 2 nights ago, it was running for nearly 10 months! never had a problem with URS, globes anyway...

I've been using the reptapet heat mats with built in thermo's
& they seem to be working wonderful..

Globes are always going to be touch & go
you can never guarantee their lifespan!

we had a URS 75 W globe that went 2 nights ago, it was running for nearly 10 months! never had a problem with URS, globes anyway...
i swapped some rats for 4, 150watt URS red heat globes. the globes were new. 3 were used on a dimming thermostat, the other on an on/off thrmostat. all lasted about 3 weeks each. id used exa terra globes before and after the URS globes and allways had a good life from them (up to 2years). im not here to rubbish URS, but i feel it fair that others know the bad run i had with their products. we all want value for our money, so its important to hear how others find different products

Anybody that has problems with heat mats burning out are simply not using them correctly. Read the instructions!!! they clearly state that any heating element should be used with a thermostat. I have dealt with most brands of reptile products and find that none are really better than another. I only use URS now for the reason that thier products are priced better than other brands and they last just as long as other brands. Another common mistake people make is that they use a thermostat on a heat mat but they dont put the probe directly over the heat mat. But at the end of the day it comes back to using your products the way that the manufacturer recommends and you wont have a problem and if you do, it will be under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back