Found this cool lil spider.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khagan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys found this lil guy on the back window of my car, it looks like a bright green little huntsman :). Any of you spider people know what it is? I live in Campbelltown which is Sydneyish.

1st pic is more detail 2nd is more accurate of it's colour.

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 291
  • Picture 024.jpg
    Picture 024.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 258
Do you live close to a nuclear waste dump or something..?:lol:

I'm no spider person but it looks like a Micrommata Virescens to me (yes a google search). If it is, it might be an exotic...

I'm no spider person but it looks like a Micrommata Virescens to me (yes a google search). If it is, it might be an exotic...

It does too :shock:. That's weird, if it is an exotic then i have no idea where it came from besides i just got my car back from being repaired.

My first thought was a fiddle back. Can't really make out from the picture though was the patterning on the back is.

maybe if you get bitten you'll get super powers!

Alright gonna try it here goes!

My first thought was a fiddle back. Can't really make out from the picture though was the patterning on the back is.

It doesn't seem to have a pattern of sorts on it's back, it's just that darker green i guess stripe in the middle and the rest is lighter.

Khagan....sorry to side track from the spider bit for a second.....it was lovely when we lived there, my kids were little, we came back to Perth in 1989. My son went to Sarah Redfern High...(Minto) and my daughter to Robert Townsend, they both went to St. Andrews Primary. Son is now 36 and daughter 35, none of us live in NSW now, son is in Vic. daughter Qld.

Khagan....sorry to side track from the spider bit for a second.....it was lovely when we lived there, my kids were little, we came back to Perth in 1989. My son went to Sarah Redfern High...(Minto) and my daughter to Robert Townsend, they both went to St. Andrews Primary. Son is now 36 and daughter 35, none of us live in NSW now, son is in Vic. daughter Qld.

Guess it depends on what area and whether it's private or housing commission, plus i guess a lot changes in 20 years. A lot of the housing commission homes in Minto got bulldozed.

it is not M. virescens, many aussie huntsmen are green when juveniles, though that looks bigger than most i have seen

My first impression was "radioactive huntsmen" lol.

Awsome find, never seen such colour.

I also think it might be worth checking if it sives you superpowers..but have parametics on scene...just in case ;)

it is not M. virescens, many aussie huntsmen are green when juveniles, though that looks bigger than most i have seen

It's only really the size of a 20cent coin (Including it's legs spanned out), does that make it sound more in the right size? :p

Is it legal to keep him? Atm i have him in the terrarium thingy my praying mantis was in, what would he eat? Like little crickets and stuff?

Looks like a baby giant green huntsman or some species of badge huntsman in which case there a tad more venomous then your average huntsman. I have a bright orange and yellow species here that are kinda green when juvenile.

Looks like a baby giant green huntsman or some species of badge huntsman in which case there a tad more venomous then your average huntsman. I have a bright orange and yellow species here that are kinda green when juvenile.

Cool, will be interesting to watch it grow! Is there any basic husbandry things i need to know besides feeding it small bugs?

I dont know anything about spiders except for not liking them. We have one very similar here in nth Qld, with the same fluro green, weather they are the same family or not I dont know. Next time I find one I will get a pic of it and post it here.

Got some more pics of the spider on acid tonight, enjoy. :p

Attachments

• Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Picture 050.jpg