hypomelanistic scrubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonryles810

Reaction score
G'day guys and girls thought i would share some photo's of this guy, he's roughly 2.5m long, with locality unknown. ill let the pictures speak for themselves but its the closest thing ive seen to a true hypo scrub, the colours have to be seen to be believed, not a hint of black or even dark area on him, hoping to pair this guy up with a really dark animal to see what interesting results occur. keen to hear some opinions.

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 278
no mate, not going to sloth any time soon, not sure what the sibs looked like as it was bought as a young snake, not sure the guy realised what he had. itll be interesting to see if a few scrubby variants start becoming availablle to the hobby.

iv seen a few like that,i know of some adults a mate owned from iron range that are bright yellow and brown no black atall.
trick scrubs mate,i have some that are the opposite ;) and am getting some ''hypos'' this season.
cheers smithy.

G'day mate,

I'm an agreeance with Gordon...those eyes are milky, as is his entire body...maybe photo's in a fortnight to highlight his colours?

iv seen a few like that,i know of some adults a mate owned from iron range that are bright yellow and brown no black atall.
trick scrubs mate,i have some that are the opposite ;) and am getting some ''hypos'' this season.
cheers smithy.

i thought it would have been niave to expect this guy to be without any simillar looking animals, yellow and brown? please post pictures mate, the hypo's also sound interesting.

not my snakes so cant post pics of these but i believe i have some shots of similar quality to his. and yeah they are quite common from what i hear,above cairs getting really cream/light in colouration.

G'day mate,

I'm an agreeance with Gordon...those eyes are milky, as is his entire body...maybe photo's in a fortnight to highlight his colours?

mate its not due for a sloth anytime soon, had one not too long ago. the reason its body is milky/hazy is the reason i thought id post a few pics, theyre is no distinctive pattern or colours its all a faded wash. i can post pics in 2weeks and ill assure you he'll look exactly the same. i'd be very keen to see some simillar animals if anyone has photos...

G'day mate,

post a pic of your new big girl ;),shes on the verge of being hypo,more so then the one pictured.

but yes does look milky. nice snake though, love scrubs.

I saw the snake the other day and freaked, it's by far the best I've ever seen. It's not coming into shed, just a great looking snake, and really calm. I have been told that there is a population north of Cairns that does look like this...or close to it.
If all Scrubbys were this calm and good looking there would be a much bigger market for them.

if you have any like this for sale at any time pm me thanks looks good

mate its not due for a sloth anytime soon, had one not too long ago. the reason its body is milky/hazy is the reason i thought id post a few pics, theyre is no distinctive pattern or colours its all a faded wash. i can post pics in 2weeks and ill assure you he'll look exactly the same. i'd be very keen to see some simillar animals if anyone has photos...

I'm sure he is what you claim mate so i'm not having a dig and i can see that it is lighter than alot of other scrubbies. But his skin even looks a bit baggy around its neck and folds. Is no big deal if it is in slough, just curious is all. Do you have any other pictures of it?

Wow I don't think it looks that good. Kind of just looks dull to me

How big will be get and how quickly will he grow?

I've wanted a scrubby for awhile but someone told me 10 metres + , another person told me 3 metres, so just wanna know for sure :)

Gorgeous snake!! :D

How big will be get and how quickly will he grow?

I've wanted a scrubby for awhile but someone told me 10 metres + , another person told me 3 metres, so just wanna know for sure :)

Gorgeous snake!! :D

You can usually work on about 6m give or take. They can easily get to 6 foot in there first year, not sure what their growth rates are after that.

Not that I have seen many but scrubbies always seem to have a shiny sheen to them....... but yeah I like to see a couple more pictures....

This is another few photo's I took with my phone so not quite as clear. It's a cracker of a snake

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 125
  • scrubby4.jpg
    scrubby4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back