BIOSHOCK at Bondi beach!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LullabyLizard

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
At 6.30 this morning there was a teaser for Bioshock 2 at Bondi beach. My friend and I went down there and we found custome made Bioshock wine bottles with posters inside them :D We have pics!!!

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

I apologize for my double jumper. Its weird but it was freezing!!!

more mindless crap polluting our environment and wasting valuable resources,

Worley winery :D I wonder if kel's been growing grapes??

more mindless crap polluting our environment and wasting valuable resources,

Why would you say that? It has brought joy to people, including me. It is obvious that it is an interest of mine. You don't understand.

Ok so after a little confusion it seems bioshock is a video game. Whats the connection between the wine bottles on the beach though?

You don't understand.

Neither did but I did a google search before responding and now I'm slightly wiser...

I trust you didnt have to drink any wine to get to the message cos you are far too young!

Why would you say that? It has brought joy to people, including me. It is obvious that it is an interest of mine. You don't understand.

Your right i didt understand so i did a gooogle and know i understand what it is.
A mindless attempt of propaganda and advertising, i stand by my first comment and if those bottles are of glass, then the company should be fined for littering Australia's most famous beach, could you imagine if the bottles broke and you stood on it

some people are just kill joys while they sit and write their messages on their coal fired LCD screens whinging about the way it used to be...

Glass is a) recyclable and much better to use than plastic, however it uses a much larger proportion of water but a much smaller proportion of fossil fuels, especially oil.

b) They have a responsibility (the company) to clean it up - and yes, they could be fined by the appropriate authorities if they made a mess.

We do live in a consumer and consumable society, it doesn't mean it's right... but it does mean we either accept it, or ignore it....

Or... do something about it....

Personally, a great advertising campaign - clever... and less reckless than sending the same pictures to 10 billion 42 inch LCD or Plasma screens chewing through more electricity and thus coal than any other method!

Lol 'propaganda'

Yay Bioshock! :D
I got to play it a little when it was first released but never bought it. It's on my ever-growing 'to do' list >.<

all true and valid points slim6y, however i dont recall whinging about the way it used to be,
i suppose im being a little negative at the Bio people, thank god others dont do this form of advertising

all true and valid points slim6y, however i dont recall whinging about the way it used to be,
i suppose im being a little negative at the Bio people, thank god others dont do this form of advertising

Didn't direct that comment at you mate....

Bigi, if your nothing else at least your consistent...pity

Bioshock ROCKS...!

One of the best games and original storylines ever...

Im looking 4ward to No 2 coming out..

I`ve heard they are making a movie using the games stoyline...:D

thats great original advertising..

For the uninformed the game is set in an underwater city, hence the message in bottles...;)

ive never played the game and never will.
totally agree with bigi.
i think its an iresponsible way of advertising and hope that they cleaned all their rubbish up after their prank

personaly i think its BS ,,,,,, if it was anyone else dumping rubbish on our beaches people would be screaming bloody murder over it!

What's the problem? Of those complaining, have you been out to the beach to check how many bottles were left after the promotion was over? By the looks of the photos a limited number of bottles were placed on a rather small patch of sand (according to gamerzink.com there were about 15 bottles). The amount of people who were in the shots I'd wager that almost every bottle was picked up as a souvenir. Those that weren't taken would most likely have been cleaned up by the organisers (it's unlikely any were left considering it was a gathering of fans).
This was a professional event. Not just a bunch of dumpers throwing bottles around.
So there were some bottles stuck in the sand for a couple of hours. So? Where's the evidence of environmental damage?

Get a grip killjoys...:?

as vat69 said, it was an advertised marketing campaign and no rubbish at all was left..

Some of you have missed the point totally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back