The guns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I hate these kinds of threads lol but i just bought my first gun and i am excited!

Got a ruger m77 hawkeye in .308. This one Ruger M77® Hawkeye®*Bolt Action*Rifle (HKM77RBZ) Overview
453L.jpg

and have a leupold VX-III 1.5x5 scope.

Who else has guns?!

do u hunt
i love rifles there me fav i will probly own 1 when im ur age but i wont hunt its cruel i would just like target shooting and stuff but nice looking gun i love bolt action

I don't hunt yet cause i haven't had a gun. But yes i will, i'm gonna shoot as many pigs and buffalo as i can.

well i dont really like ferell pigs thats the only animal i think i could shoot i wouldnt hunt them but if i had a gun and sore 1 i probly would shoot 1 but i would only shoot it if they wer really close to my house cause they would either kill mebest friend (border collie) but i hate hunting so many people do it and its just not right with in the nxt 100 yrs there will be less then half of the animal population there is today well thats me book lol enjoy o and isnt buffolo african

well i dont really like ferell bigs thats the only animal i think i could shoot i wouldnt hunt them but if i had a gun and sore 1 i probly would shoot 1 but i would only shoot it if they wer really close to my house cause they would either kill mebest friend (border collie) but i hate hunting so many people do it and its just not right with in the nxt 100 yrs there will be less then half of the animal population there is today well thats me book lol enjoy o and isnt buffolo african

The buffalo we have in aus are asiatic water buffalo.

rabbits,foxes and roos, mainly on the parents farm. No pigs there. I have never seen a wild pig in the flesh come to think about it. Can anyone with a gun license shoot buffalo or do you have to have permits? Do you have to have permits to shoot kangaroos in other states? as in NSW at least I am aware kangaroos are protected.

I'm not sure about roos hey, i might have to look into it cause i don't mind a roo burger. As far as i know you don't need permits to shoot buff, as long as you are permitted to shoot in the area that you are in there shouldn't be a problem.

Nice gun! Although I have never gone hunting I come from a country where bird hunting is popular and out of control- raptors, water birds etc. are shot even though they are protected. That was why I was against hunting, but im perfectly ok with hunting here as it mostly (I think)( and the law is well enforced with quotas etc..) involves feral/exotic animals as long as it is adequately humane! Happy and safe hunting!

-Will

Nice rifle and great scope too.

I dont actually own any rifles myself, but i use a sako .270 with a 3-9 leupold scope when i go shooting, which hasnt happened for a few years now :(

I tried to get a firearms licence once but they said no because my name is dodgie so i have to stick with ferrets and dogs.When i was a kid my uncle used to work at riffle range and sometimes i would go and have a shot,he had a fieldman .22 i think it had a hole were you put your thumb in.See i know lots.

I tried to get a firearms licence once but they said no because my name is dodgie so i have to stick with ferrets and dogs.When i was a kid my uncle used to work at riffle range and sometimes i would go and have a shot,he had a fieldman .22 i think it had a hole were you put your thumb in.See i know lots.

Thats how I got into bowhunting..:lol:

l used to have guns , then one of Vic police's finest had my licence removed . Apparently l was the sort of person that would have people shooting at me and l only wanted guns to shoot back . After convincing the court of this , the moron was kicked out of the cops for threatening with a pistol his partner in a massage parlor . [ they owned it ] Didnt get my licence back though .

Nice gun there!! i am in to hunting aswell... This is my "Little Friend" Sako TRG 42 in a .338 Lapua Magnum.. Its my pride & joy,, Its the one i use for taking down big things from a long way of....

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back