What do you call your grandparents?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mums parents :
Pop & Grannie/grandma

Dad's parents :
Nanna (she remarried because my dads father died so i just call him his first name)

My kids called their two nanas by their surnames........ as in.... Nana (whatever)............. Nana Smith, Nana Jones, etc!!

lol Baka And Dida ( Grandma Grandpa) on my dads side as i am croation and Teta And Sedore on my palestinian side which is my mums.

I had friends who called their granparents Grandpa Jack and Nanna Kath...so they knew who was who in the two lots of grandparents

Last edited by a moderator:
Mormor (mother's mother) Morfar (mother's father)
they decided when I was born that they didn't want Nan/Pop or grandma/grandpa as it made them feel too old. A Danish friend of their's suggested the Danish version it has stuck.

I called mine nana and papa.

My niece calls my dad bumpa
my daughter calls mum grannyma but cant recall what she calls my dad

I'm Poppa to a 14 week old grandbaby girl who already has me wrapped around her little finger! My daughter decided I'd be Poppa, and to all her mates' toddlers I'm Poppa Rob. Makes me feel bloody old, but at the same time it feels cool to be a part of their lives.

i never grew up around my grandparents at all ... so i just called em "wrinklies" ....

Granddad and Kay (she is the evil step grandmother!) and Grandma June and Grandpa John :)

Nan & fafa.
My girls call their granparents Nanny Kate etc except for the wifes mother, she is Nangie.

I only ever knew 2 of my grandparents, my grandfather was Popo (pop pop was hard to say!) and my grandmother was gran.
My daughter has a nanna, nanny, nan and grandma, and a poppy, poppy, poppy, pop and pop (lots of step families and great grandparents)
somehow, the poppy and pop thing has never gotten confusing, she has always known exactly who is who

i had an oma and opa, nan and pop, gran and grandad, and my parents get called grandma and papa, my inlaws are nan and pop and my hubby has nan and pa.

When mine were all alive I just called them all nana or grandpa with their name. eg. nana Shirley and nana Dorothy. My great grandparents for some reason were called their last name eg. nana Duff and nana Greenwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back