The guns

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice gun there!! i am in to hunting aswell... This is my "Little Friend" Sako TRG 42 in a .338 Lapua Magnum.. Its my pride & joy,, Its the one i use for taking down big things from a long way of....

That is a sweet looking gun man. What did that cost you to set up?

Kupres that gun looks and from what I read is amazing! Just a Q. does it cost a lot to shoot .338's in Aus? What was your longest kill/hit with that gun?

-Will

I got a .22 and a .303. I go to range regularly and would love to go out for a game hunt. Anyone interested in organising a hunt in southern wkd/northern nsw?

Waruikazi---about 10 gorilas by the time you add up everything... Not cheap,, but i think it is worth it.. Pulled some amazing shots with it.. Half the battle in shooting(or anything for that matter) is your equipment...... & Pinkmus i usually take my shots between 400m-900m,,, 900m being my best shot,, Red deer hind.. & it can be expensive to shoot factory amo,, about $7 a pop,, I build my own bullets,, brings the price down a bit, but i do it to controll the quality & get much better groupings with my own coustom built amo.

I hate these kinds of threads lol but i just bought my first gun and i am excited!

Got a ruger m77 hawkeye in .308. This one Ruger M77® Hawkeye®*Bolt Action*Rifle (HKM77RBZ) Overview
453L.jpg

and have a leupold VX-III 1.5x5 scope.

Who else has guns?!

Nice weapon mate, I currently hunt with a bow, but i'm looking to get into firearms very soon!

Oh, and i hope you are a better shot than these guys!
[video=youtube;0CNgwZgoKFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNgwZgoKFc[/video]

re The

Used to love walking into a sports store and looking at the guns,ime for anyone that wants to get out and shoot foxes,cats and pi
gs,should be a bounty.
That video with the poor old lion,its a pity it didnt get one of the losers!

Last edited:
i would love to go shooting anyboy know a site i need to get a licence and is it hard to get approved i live in syd not sure of any shooting ranges or anything so any syd ppl on here who shoot who could give us some info would be great

only gun ive ever fired was a 357 magun im not a big guy so the kick was pretty strong for my 1st time heheh was a rush tho was alittle nervouse at 1st but after firing afew shots was ok

would love to go to a shooting range just have no idea wher ther is any in syd area

Guns

I've got a few here.

Gecado .17 air rifle.
Gamo Shadow .22 air rifle.
.17HMR Savage (with thumbhole stock)
.22 Brno model 2E deluxe
12 guage U/O Silma shotty
.222 Anschutz
.204 Tikka T3
Sako TRG42

to name a few.

The same as mine but different scope.Sako TRG42.
TRG-Black-3000.jpg

Gamo Shadow .22 air rfile
shadow_sport_combo.jpg

.17HMR Savage - Same as mine.
savage17-2.jpg

Tikka T3 .204
TikkaT3-2042.jpg

Tikka.jpg

Remington .270
Ruger270.jpg

Bit of a mix
Collection.jpg

Anschutz .222 - This gun is pure quality
Anschutz222.jpg

Last edited:
but i hate hunting so many people do it and its just not right with in the nxt 100 yrs there will be less then half of the animal population there is today

What do you base your comment on. If feral animals are not eradicated then our native population is far mor likely to become extinct. Over the years we have lost countless native frogs, lizards, snakes, marsupials etc etc etc due to FERAL pigs, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc etc etc.

I suggest if you get the chance to go out and see the damage they do then you should. It is a real eye opener. People are generally for hunting or against. I have been out and shoots with scientists studying native wlidlife. We have taken cats that have had 17 lizards in their stomachs.

I target shoot at Little River and I also hunt when ever I can. If I am assisiting in wiping out wild cats, dogs pigs etc then so be it. The truth be told we will never wipe out these animals in the bish as they are too far wide spread.

Wow some nice long range rifles there :shock::D I wonder if anyone has a .416 barret? :lol:

My scope was originally off a sako, what would you shoot?

Ferals... If you mean with the .270 mainly pigs and goats but its ideal for anything from the size of cats/foxes up to horses and large deer. It can also be used for bigger or smaller stuff but you would want to make sure you use the right bullet. Its roughly about as powerful as a .308.

Bit far

Dont mind people who hunt, but kangaroos is a bit far imo.

I respect your opinion but just wondering if you have ever seen Kanagaroos that are dying as a result of starvation resulting in there being so many roos for acre that they are competing for food? Some times unfortunately it has to be done and generally it is the makes who are targeted.

I hate these kinds of threads lol but i just bought my first gun and i am excited!

Got a ruger m77 hawkeye in .308. This one Ruger M77® Hawkeye®*Bolt Action*Rifle (HKM77RBZ) Overview
453L.jpg

and have a leupold VX-III 1.5x5 scope.

Who else has guns?!
Nice Gordo,
Pity you didn't post before you got your scope, as I get mine from the USA at a a major cost saving from here in Aus...
I am looking at a new .308 myself ATM and am tossing a Remington or a Tikka T3....Hmmm decisions, decisions.
Good luck and keep us posted how it shoots...
That's a laminated stock isn't it?

well i dont really like ferell pigs thats the only animal i think i could shoot i wouldnt hunt them but if i had a gun and sore 1 i probly would shoot 1 but i would only shoot it if they wer really close to my house cause they would either kill mebest friend (border collie) but i hate hunting so many people do it and its just not right with in the nxt 100 yrs there will be less then half of the animal population there is today well thats me book lol enjoy o and isnt buffolo african

Many species exist today because of hunting and I there is not one which has been wiped out by controlled hunting. Elephants are thriving in countries such as South Africa, Zimbabwe and Botswana and other countries which allow hunting of them while countries with hunting banns such as Kenya now only have animals in national parks are they are decling too. Kenya's wildlife has dropped by 70% since they banned hunting.

There are many examples of hunting benefiting wildlife as the best way of preserving animals is to give them a value to local people, otherwise they are just competition for resources and are eliminated any way they can.

The media recently did a beatup on Western Plains Zoo selling Blackbuck antelope to someone who has produced a report on establishing game farms in NSW. These same game farms are legal and exist in NSW, Qld, SA and the NT. What the media did not report is that the zoo has had to source new Blackbuck antelope from those very game farms they say they dont support as the zoos own blackbuck had become extremely inbred and were getting deformities. There are currently less than 10,000 Blackbuck antelope in in their native habitat, while in Texas alone there are well over 10,000 on game farms. Blackbuck from Texas game farms have actually been sent back to Pakistan to re-establish extinct herds. This is an example of hunting providing conservation outcomes where all others have failed. The reason they were extinct in Pakistan and endangered in India is their ban on hunting making them worthless to the locals who see no value in preserving them.

Here is a video on conservation and hunting in the USA.

[video=youtube;YzQeUk5KANM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzQeUk5KANM[/video]

Nice Gordo,
Pity you didn't post before you got your scope, as I get mine from the USA at a a major cost saving from here in Aus...
I am looking at a new .308 myself ATM and am tossing a Remington or a Tikka T3....Hmmm decisions, decisions.
Good luck and keep us posted how it shoots...
That's a laminated stock isn't it?

Yeah man it is a laminate stock. Felt way nicer than the synthetic and was cheaper than the walnut. I didn't buy my scope my old man gave it to me, he has had it since the 70's and never used it. I've had it all checked out and it is all still in good order so why spend the money.

What kind of shooting do you plan on doing? Range or hunting?

Geeez there is some seriously impressive firepower in amongst this lot :lol: Imagine if you lot could still get a hold of some of the semi-autos that used to be about! :p I had a soft spot for the old SLR myself :)

Regardless of that, I’ve never really had a good reason to get a firearms license, I’ve thought about joining a gun club as I used to pop into the Belmont rifle club for the odd shot with a mates rifle, but I think time, kids, wife and suburbia has extinguished any hope of me taking up the hobby in any great capacity.

Moose

Geeez there is some seriously impressive firepower in amongst this lot :lol: Imagine if you lot could still get a hold of some of the semi-autos that used to be about! :p I had a soft spot for the old SLR myself :)

Regardless of that, I’ve never really had a good reason to get a firearms license, I’ve thought about joining a gun club as I used to pop into the Belmont rifle club for the odd shot with a mates rifle, but I think time, kids, wife and suburbia has extinguished any hope of me taking up the hobby in any great capacity.

Swallow some concrete Moose. I don't get out much either but when I do my boys and I enjoy ourselves and have a great day out whether it is hunting or shooting at the Little River range.

Maybe we whould try and organize a range shoot in the warmer months. I bet you'd get the bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back