what do bredlis prefer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeboy2256

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all i was just wondering im making a cage for the bredli im geting for when hes an adult and i dont know what they prefer do they like height or length and whatever one yous give me the answer for i would like to make a good and large cage what size do u recemend:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Doesn't really matter.Ours are kept in basic 4x2x2's. Once they get some size on them they tend to stay on the ground more.................give them a branch so they have an option though.

Like Rams said, Bredli will use what you give them. I find my bredli are clumsy climbers so I dont even give my new hatchos perches any more, I do have a height orientated enclosure that my male is going into in a week only because I built it as everyone was telling me height over length, but now after keeping bredli for a while I know this to be complete bull. You will find a snake will either be coiled up basking on the heat spot or cooling down on the cool side, at night they will explore their enclosure for a few hours, I get mine out in the yard a few times a week when I can, as it gives them a bit of stimulation, different smells and textures. In my opinion large enclosures are a waste of space and materials so go for a 4x2x2 like Rams said and your bredli will be more then happy!!

Hmm, I don't have the most experiance, but I know with mine he loves to climb so I'd go with some height but some ground too.

well i was thinking becaus i have someone to build and have a fair bit of space about 5ft long 3ft high 3ft wide is that a good size cage

bredlis are part aboreal so will preferr to sit up in a branch or a tree.cheers

they are semi-arboreal. put him in a 4x2x2 and give him a very branches.
mine stays on the ground and will venture up into his branches at night

the son's Bredlli here prefers upwards.............. he loves sitting up an a branch........... do some more research and look it up on google,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bredli enclosure dimensions

Mine's a climber but you never know once he gets a bit more size to him he might prefer the ground so
i'd say go around 4ft long by 3ft high add a few branches for it to climb if it wants to and it will still provide ample room if it takes to the ground.

My bredlis have very large enclosures that are 186cm H x 70cm D x 100cm W. There are natural cliff ledges and a branch and yes Bredli are clumsy, but she loves to climb and sit on the highest part at night and hides under a ledge on the floor during the day.
Remember if youre doing a verticle enclosure you may need to heat the floor if the room is not heated as well as a basking spot up high.
Good luck. You can see my enclosure in the gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back