No movement in tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

agradehydro

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently my Diamond went through a bad shed, which finally got better after lots of baths and soaking. He had another shed since which seems to have been ok and there is no longer any loose skin anywhere.

The bad thing is he appears to have lost movement in the last 1cm of his tail where the dead skin was before I was able to remove it. (When he had a bad shed, the last bit remaining was the bottom of his tail)

Is there anything I can do? It doesn't too healthy and he isnt aware of it or react to feeling in it.

He seems remarkably happy regardless and is back to eating well and his nice personality is good.

Any advice as to what I should do?

Thanks guys :)

My Jungle recently shed and he had a similar problem,leaving the last few cms of retained skin behind.
After soaking it and rubbing what i thought was all the old skin off,a few weeks later he also developed harness in the tip of his tail.However mine was only affected in the last few mm's, so again i soaked it and the very tip of his tail came off(only about one row of scales).
Perhaps its more warm water soaks he needs to help soften it up, but i doubt if its gone hard it will become healthy tissue again as i would think its had blood flow restricted and the tissue has died.

seems to enjoy getting more attention now!

Would it be futile to say that's actually untrue?

Anyway, hopefully the top of your snake's tail will come off cleanly and you won't have any further troubles.

I have the same problem with my diamond but its about a cm or 2. I rang the breeder and she said I prob didn`t get the bad shed off quick enough. It was only about 2 days before I noticed it. She told me it will prob lose that bit of tail.

The thing I don`t get and she wasn`t sure herself is before she shed that last cm or 2 of her tail went dry looking and the scales sort of lifted or flaired out. Even after the shed I it looked to me like it was all off. It didn`t look suspect till a couple days later.

have you since lost that bit of tail? Mine has no feeling in it and it looks pretty bad but its only a tiny bit and im not too sure if there is anything more i can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back