Posts regarding Animals

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Untouchables - There is animal cruelty all round the world. Nobody can change it. While one heart beams, another breaks. What's the point of even trying to talk about such issues. It will never make a difference. I, for one, can't stand certain animals but I will never go out of my way to be cruel. While I feel others are sick , I don't bother intervening. All it is ever going to achieve is grief on my part. So, avoid them threads and just concentrate on threads I like best :D

I am normally a considerate and good natured person. But as a joke I stuck a photo of my snake swallowing a rat, on a Rat Fanciers Forum. I didn't even think about how those ppl felt. While I meant no harm, if it hurts others, it hurts me. To them, feeding rats to snakes is cruel and shouldn't happen. Each to their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
its not going to work,

most people enjoy making cat pie or hybrid soups. i highly doubt mods will disrupt these peoples cooking styles.

i like hobbo's post! but its not quite offensive to enough people, so i would like to pose a discussion question:
which of these is worse, an earbashing from a christian, a young liberal or a cat lover?

I dont like cats and i dont like dogs, one in the same problem as far as I am concerned. Its just that dog owners are a smug bunch who think they are better than cat owners.
If you cant keep it penned up you shouldn't have it.

ps. these APS bumper sticker, if discussions degenerate here image the road rage incidents when you get into a bingle with another APS driver.

Animal

I don't condone animal cruelty one bit and believe that if anyone is promoting it in any way shape or form then they should be subject the penalties at hand - HOWEVER - if someone is highlighting an animal cruelty case by bringing into an open forum then I don't disagree with this.

Also if someone is saying that they partake in the shooting of feral (non-native) animals then they should not be classed into this category as well.

If someone is saying that it's ok to kick a dog to train it - They should be shot.
If someone says it's to tease a snake with a live mouse and video it for their own enjoyment and place it on youtube then they are twats.

What you may see as animal cruelty may in fact not be cruel at all.

To those claiming freedom of speech, the Australian Constitution does not have any express provision relating to freedom of speech. It's funny to see how many people seem to think we have it here :lol:

P.S. Jack - young liberals are the worst by far.

OK alot has been said, and there are good points on both sides.
I think anyone can agree animal cruelty is wrong in any context.
Summing up, lets just cool it down a bit and leave it at that.
if anyone wants to add comments unrelated to any threads etc, about animal treatment/cruelty. Feel free..

i think you wll find alot of the coments made that could be taken as cruelty are said with tongue in cheek to get a response from the super sensitive. im a cat owner and breeder, i dont breed $10 moggies so i dont get irresponsable people buying my cats. my cats are allways locked up 24/7. as for the people that really are cruel to animals, their day is comming. one last thing, if you come across a thread or post that is offencive theres a red triangle in the top right corner of the post box that you can click on and report the post

OK alot has been said, and there are good points on both sides.
I think anyone can agree animal cruelty is wrong in any context.
Summing up, lets just cool it down a bit and leave it at that.
if anyone wants to add comments unrelated to any threads etc, about animal treatment/cruelty. Feel free..

Who needs to cool down? Have I missed something here? You started a thread (and whilst I have'nt gone through every post) and from what I can gather did not really back up your argument with a specific point as such. People will no doubt get their backs up and rightly so.

If you are of course speaking about my comments earlier I did'nt fire up, not by any means, just trying ti highlight the issue.

I hunt - one shot kill. Feral hit's the dust. It's not animal cruelty. For every wild cat I kill it saves the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of native animals every year.

The thread was in the 'other animals' forum and has every right to be there.
Humans kill a lot of snakes as well, are we not allowed to talk about them??
There just seems to be a few members that hardly ever post anything unless threads come up that they just have to stir the pot. JMO

re Posts

Some good posts in these animal hunting threads,hunters need animals to hunt and theyll put money into preserving habitat and game animals or fish stocks,that has benefits for conservation.

The thread was in the 'other animals' forum and has every right to be there.
Humans kill a lot of snakes as well, are we not allowed to talk about them??
There just seems to be a few members that hardly ever post anything unless threads come up that they just have to stir the pot. JMO
I think i have to agree.... They have put other animals section.. so really the site is allowing the discussion of other animals. For those stirring the pot or have a dig at things... really whats the point?? and for those reacting to it, why bother give them the satisfaction?

Some good posts in these animal hunting threads,hunters need animals to hunt and theyll put money into preserving habitat and game animals or fish stocks,that has benefits for conservation.

and maintain feral animal populations.

Who needs to cool down? Have I missed something here? You started a thread (and whilst I have'nt gone through every post) and from what I can gather did not really back up your argument with a specific point as such. People will no doubt get their backs up and rightly so.

If you are of course speaking about my comments earlier I did'nt fire up, not by any means, just trying ti highlight the issue.

I hunt - one shot kill. Feral hit's the dust. It's not animal cruelty. For every wild cat I kill it saves the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of native animals every year.

When i meant cool down, i wasn't particularly saying it to anyone in particular. I just said that because comments and opinions were just getting thrown back and forth between members ( yes including me) and i though i would just try and keep any arguements to a minimal, so it doesn't go on untill comments are deleted and this thread has to be shut down.
I also didnt give any real examples of anything, because i didn't want it to become about a particular thread or topic, even though it did...

which of these is worse, an earbashing from a christian, a young liberal or a cat lover?

A: the Christian....they were much less uppity when we could feed them to the lions.

Last edited:
As I have posted on another thread...

Time to get off your soapboxes people, this is wearing very thin and degrading into arguments

Sadly many threads on this site now go like this. People need to feel that they can come and ask questions (or share the things they like freely) without people criticizing everything they do. I feel that if the quality of the posts (and people) on this site continues to go downhill, many people, fed up, will decide to go elsewhere, including the most experienced ones. This will end up effecting all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back