Anyone here with bandaid allergies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miley_take

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just found out I'm allergic to bandaids after having to have some on my stomach for prolonged periods. I still need to keep them on for another week, and taping/gauze just isn't going to cut it. At the moment, it's only a slightly raised, itchy rash, but I'm not wanting to provoke it any more...heading to the chemist this afternoon, but was wondering if any of you had experience with this? It's driving me crazy!

I'm allergic to standard bandages, I have to use a special type...but as for bandaids sorry no ideas unless you wrap the area in a bandage

Yeah, it is probably a latex allergy as my mother is also allergic to as well.

Hmmm, yeah, not possible to wrap it in a bandage...kinda awkward area, being just under my belly button

You're welcome.

I've taken up football this season and have a dodgy ankle that requires taping. Unfortunately the best/strongest tape I've found is latex based. Generally I have to get it on as close as practical to the start of training and then get it off ASAP. If I leave it for a few hours it starts to really irratate the skin and then becomes quite itchy. At one stage it had broken the skin in various spots and took ages to heal.

Supposedly you can buy hypoallergenic band-aids. Not totally sure on how available they are though??

Argh, sounds really nasty! Your putting me off putting it back on now lol

I'm going to need to find something...atm I've got the bandaid off and letting it air, as it started to burn...now a lovely raised rash where the latex was. And itchy as hell!

Bepanthen nappy rash cream helps. Also Urederm helps. I find when I get a really bad rash that I have to switch creams every second day.

Im allergic to Band-aid or Live-aid (whatever it is) song "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
does that count?

ummm cotton ball and some masking tape?
but im sure there'd be some bandaids without latex? maybe? but the chemist would probably be able to tell you :)

Bepanthen nappy rash cream helps. Also Urederm helps. I find when I get a really bad rash that I have to switch creams every second day.

Thanks for the tip :)

Im allergic to Band-aid or Live-aid (whatever it is) song "Do They Know It's Christmas?"
does that count?
If you get an itchy rash, than yes colin :lol:

I don't use them, not because I'm allergic, but I don't think they are really necessary.... If I cut myself, I do it properly, and band aids won't help.

If it is in fact a latex allergy, remember (in the future when the time comes) to go polyurethane :)

arent condoms made of latex?

great excuse to the wife for those unexplained rashes :D

If it is in fact a latex allergy, remember (in the future when the time comes) to go polyurethane :)

I hope your suggesting using glad wrap erin :lol: isnt that made of polyurethane?

Try using Fixomull, it's what all the hospitals are now using in place of bandaids as it prevent's scabs forming which cause scars. You put it over scratches, cut's & treat it like your own skin & it's hypo allergenic.Try google it:) I don't bother with bandaids anymore because this stuff is brilliant & comes in a big roll so you just cut off what you need.

I'm very allergic to bandaids, especially the tape doctors use with blood tests to hold the cotton in place. I get a nasty itchy rash wherever the bandaid has been. There is a sensitive type of bandaid that can be brought from chemist, they generally work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back