Pet city Mtgravatt overpriced

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danthedude

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just thought I would mention the ridicolous price on Reptibark at PetCity. THey had a 24 Quart bag for $69.95, I asked if that price was correct & they said yes. I rang Pet Superstore at Stafford and they sell there's for $37. How can they charge that much?? At the end of the day it is only bark, not gold. Anyway I am thinking of buying some bark from Bunnings and freezing for a month before use, this should kill anything. Has anybody tried this and have any feedback?

agreed pet city is way overpriced, I found a little one inside the shopping centre at capalaba park that sells reptile bulbs for $7 that the others sell for $17+ yet they are more expensice for othee things, so i found i end up getting different supplies from different places ie: bulbs at one place and food/suppliments at another, everything reptile at wynumm / manly is really good if you are ever over that way dan

agreed pet shops and common reptile supplies organizations over charge way to much!

There's a Nursery place at Mt.Warren Park near Beenleigh that sell fine shredded bark for about $7.00 per bag.
I use it for my angle headed dragons and it's perfect
Cheers
Sandee :)

Hard to see this as reasonable pricing:

50 Watt Heatcords Pet City $54..................Herpshop $30 ( add freight)

Profit's not a dirty word, but rape is.

Hi all, just thought I would mention the ridicolous price on Reptibark at PetCity. THey had a 24 Quart bag for $69.95, I asked if that price was correct & they said yes. I rang Pet Superstore at Stafford and they sell there's for $37. How can they charge that much?? At the end of the day it is only bark, not gold. Anyway I am thinking of buying some bark from Bunnings and freezing for a month before use, this should kill anything. Has anybody tried this and have any feedback?

I spoke to you last night mate. Make shore you freeze it for about 21 days. Cheers Jarrod

Be careful if you plan on buying bark from a hardware store. Pine is toxic to most reptiles.

Reptile wise, I reckon they do charge a bit much, some of the other stuff is cheap though.
Pretty much our only local petstore that sells reptile stuff, so we have to go there.
I was about to go down there today and buy reptibark, but now I'm thinking otherwise..

Yeah they are such a rip, what they need is some good competition, thats the problem there are not many pet shops around so they can charge whatever they like...
Oh yer by the way the offer a discount card for like 10% of your purchases but you have to pay $25/ year, lol do you see the logic in that???

Yeah they are such a rip, what they need is some good competition, thats the problem there are not many pet shops around so they can charge whatever they like...
Oh yer by the way the offer a discount card for like 10% of your purchases but you have to pay $25/ year, lol do you see the logic in that???

It actually makes very good sense to join their club if you purchase a lot from them like I do. The first time I went there I purchased over $200 worth of stuff and it was actually cheaper to join the club and get the discount straight away than it was to just buy the stuff at the normal price.

Yer i no, i buy alot from them too thats why i too have a members card, but they are so scungy they make you pay that much money a year for only 10% off.and if you get sucked into buying one and you dont spend that much their then they are still making money out of it.

Yeah I agree it is worth becoming a member if you plan to buy alot. My card also paid for itself in the one visit.

It always amazes and annoys me when people complain about the prices of things. If you think something is overpriced and can get it somewhere cheaper why do you have to insist on telling the whole world that is overpriced and you can get it cheaper rather then just going to the other place? It's like people purposely go to places they know they will cost more just so they can complain rather than going to the place they KNOW is the better price.. Rant over =p.

you do relize that the shop have to cover there over head expencise (rent,bils ect)
but places like petcity are bound to be overpriced, we try to make our peices as compeditive as possible but at the end of the day we also need to cover our costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back