roach colony

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli-sli

Reaction score
alright so iv tried the cricks, its worked but i forgot to feed them and they all ate each other

& they smell
and there babys take to long to grow to feed my ackies

i wont some info on roaches, iv gotta 2ftHx2ftLx1ftW plastic container with a small heat matt,

how meany tubs of roachs should i buy? i never wonna buy food again!

also whats the best way to feed them? i used cat food fot the cricks and sogy paper towel for water, any one goot ideaS?

haha i tried the crickets once to
even though i fed them they ate each other went from around 700 baby crickets to 8 adults in the end
i used water saving crystals as a water source, worked ok

wouldn't mind starting a roach colony for my tristis though

Woodies are way easier than crics! You need to buy a breeding colony that u don't feed from, + then seperate medium/large (depends on size of rep) woodies to cover for the next 2-3 mths while your colony becomes self- sufficient. Care wise, the link for herptrader sums it up. Roaches do smell too, but not as bad as crics. Good luck.

cheers guys, any one else? i live in adelaide should i heat or not?

or maybe should i just putt them in a double enclosure where the heat moves through yeah?

yeh they thrive on neglect so just leave em for a while
eat lots to so i put them a whole carrot and some gutload on top too...

Ok a mate of mie breeds roaches he has them in those big clik clak's what he does is puts vaseline around the top so they don't climb out and feeds them carrots once they are established you will never run out...

Could not be easier. Here is PhilK's 5 Steps to Roach Success (patent pending)

STEP 1: source roaches. WOODIESFORSALE used to sell from this site, but I dunno if they have stock left. Get a start up colony from them, or anywhere else. 1500 or 2000 roaches or something of all mixed sizes

STEP 2: source a 60L storage container (about $10 from Bunnings). Cut most of the lid away and replace with aluminium flyscreen. Drill a few ventilation holes around the top of the sides of the container. Paint fluon (Herpshop) around BELOW the holes to stop woodies escaping

STEP 3: add a thin layer of sand (optional), egg cartons and woodies to container

STEP 4: feed on table scraps of veggies, meat, just about anything

STEP 5: harvest woodies and reap the benefits

EDIT: they eat a LOT so keep the food up to them, but they can starve for a while before you notice numbers dropping. I live in Brisbane and they live out on the verandah year round with no heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back