A bit worried?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COOP

Reaction score
Do females not eat when they are preparing to breed. I have coolled both my male and female diamond over winter, and offered them a feed tonight. Male smashed his rat straight away, Female wanted nothing to do with hers, which is very unusual. Is this normal or should i worry

totally normal but i would be watching the male

have you introduced the male to the female already and if so have you witnessed mating?? The reason why i would be watching the male is at cooling temps he may not have the temps to digest the food item properly, if it was me i would be getting his temps up fairly soon and you dont want the food item to sit in its gut and go septic, if you have not put them together yet then i would asap and try and get mating once that has been seen then put his temps up so that he can digest the food item.

I know a few people that feed there animals during cool down and have never had an issue, but having an animal myself die of septicemia i can tell you its not worth the risk

hope that helps

I put the temps up as soon as he ate, thanks anyways. My mate cooled his 9 year old carpet for the first time, and had the exact same problem, it died about two weeks ago. I havnt put them together as yet, will wait for the Male to digest his food a litlle bit, very excited though

Update, they are together and sleeping in her hide box ;)

If your planing on breeding them why did you bother to feed them??? Doesn't make any sense to me I don't feed any of my snakes when there are cooling for breeding and will only offer food to the male around the 1st of September after they have done what needs to be done;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back