snake shaking??any help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would get the snake to a vet asap!! A vet will do payment plans if you cant afford to pay on the day, i had a snake die recently from mite spray poisoning that the pet shop sprayed on it, i took the snake to a vet, it came good for a day then died the following day! its not worth the risk of just leaving it to see how it goes!!!

Never had a large unexpected utility bill.. rego etc.. send you broke for a week? i must be the only one.

the fridge blowing up is another one, its the wild card....

have you just tried giving it a warm soak...

and talk to your vet about a payment plan...

and at this point i cant afford to take it to the vet.

As mentioned before, if you cant afford to go to the vet, dont have animals! IF there is something wrong with the snake, do you want it to die slow and painful? It sucks having to pay vet fees, but get over it, I spent 300 there last week

as i mentioned earlier but got deleted for cursing.. i can not afford it because my wife has had a baby and she is very sick and all my earnings are goin towards her recovery and medical/prescription bills i am trying to do over time just to survive.. so to all u people who want to sit ther and judge people rather than have helpful tips dont bother commenting on the thread... because i dont want to deal with ur bull, i have enough things to deal with so how bout instead of me getting over it how about u get over yourself and not judge on things when u dont know circumstances...

and thanku sturdy and australis you 2 obviously understand that sometimes unexpected bills pop up yes i have given him a warm soak and he seems to be alot better he has stopped jerking so fingers crosses

PhilK said:
Your vet will be more than happy to arrange a payment plan.

Ours doesn't. So if we need to see them for a symptom that could mean a potentially life threatening condition- well, there's $90. That's all well and good. No problem :) Oh wait, you want more for treatment? Yeah, okay... No wait, you think our animal needs surgery? Oh crap. Suddenly it's gone from 90 to $3000, and we're in dept and not earning enough at the moment. Sweet, thanks :rolleyes:

This happened quite a while ago to us for our dog. The vet wanted the consultation fee upfront (which is fine), and then the 3k within a week :shock:

Ours doesn't. So if we need to see them for a symptom that could mean a potentially life threatening condition- well, there's $90. That's all well and good. No problem :) Oh wait, you want more for treatment? Yeah, okay... No wait, you think our animal needs surgery? Oh crap. Suddenly it's gone from 90 to $3000, and we're in dept and not earning enough at the moment. Sweet, thanks :rolleyes:

This happened quite a while ago to us for our dog. The vet wanted the consultation fee upfront (which is fine), and then the 3k within a week :shock:
far out, thats stupid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i agree i had a jungle with cancer and unfortunately he died but left me with a nice vet bill that i did'nt have at the time lucky for me they let me pay it off but not all vets are that nice.... I hope he pulls through for ya mate always annoying when you lose a snake..

did the instructions also say remove water dish? and more importantly did you remove water dish?
other wise you probably laced its water with poison

Good luck with him though
and i hope its nothing serious and he makes a full recovery

How dare vets try and make a living! Damn them all to hell! For those of you out there who are builders/plumbers/whatevers... If I walked into your work and was like "build me a house/fix my sink... but I can't pay" I wonder what would happen to me.

I do agree though, that if your vet won't work out a payment plan, ditch them and find one that will.

How dare vets try and make a living! Damn them all to hell! For those of you out there who are builders/plumbers/whatevers... If I walked into your work and was like "build me a house/fix my sink... but I can't pay" I wonder what would happen to me.

I do agree though, that if your vet won't work out a payment plan, ditch them and find one that will.

i'd be shocked if you can find a vet willing to give you a payment plan especially if you are a new or relatively new client.

I never said they shouldn't make a living, PhilK :D It was the fact that they wanted $3090 just about up front that was the troubling thing. They refused to make a payment plan, and so, after they did the surgery (the dog died not long after as well), we found another vet willing to make payment plans (and frankly, we get much better care at this one).

I never said they shouldn't make a living, PhilK :D It was the fact that they wanted $3090 just about up front that was the troubling thing. They refused to make a payment plan, and so, after they did the surgery (the dog died not long after as well), we found another vet willing to make payment plans (and frankly, we get much better care at this one).
Well I do agree that is fair enough on your behalf and you probably did the right thing.

Anyway, we're off track now... How's the shakey snakey?

The shaking and jerking movements are from adverse reaction to the sparay affecting the nervous system,ive seen the same reaction with a young murray darling that i treated with orange medic and got some in its mouth.The murray that i had displaying the twitching etc recovered by the next morning,can onley advise you to take the snake to the vet,these sprays etc are probably toxic if the snake or lizard breaths in enough and if thye reptile is a juvenile.

I have treated the equivilent of over 2000 snakes with orange medic (including teatree oil) with no apparent side effects; except a heap of dead mites!
Similarly I have treated a few snakes with TOD with no apparent side effects; except an empty wallet.
Both products seem to control/or kill mites with relative saftey, but I am sure used enough you would find individual snakes which react negatively to the chemicals in either product.

UUUmmmmm when we got into snakes we treated three diamond hatchlings with orange medic as we were told.
We got orange medic with tee tree oil and the whole 3 died in agony.
Didn't affect the big snakes...only the small ones. This was before TOD.
We weren't told about getting the original orange medic.
After that we almost gave up bothering with reptiles as it was such a kick in the guts and took us months to recover.

Last edited by a moderator:
UUUmmmmm when we got into snakes we treated three diamond hatchlings with orange medic as we were told.
We got orange medic with tee tree oil and the whole 3 died in agony.
We weren't told about getting the original orange medic.
After that we almost gave up bothering with reptiles as it was such a kick in the guts and took us months to recover.

Hatchies / small bodied animals are much more likely to be poisoned than larger animals, you have to be so careful no matter what you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back