what size tub??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakekid666

Reaction score
hey guys i have just bought a new bredli she is 6-7 months old and i was wondering what size tub (click clack) would you recomend to house my bredli for a while?

Attachments

• george.jpg
    george.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 63
  • george3.jpg
    george3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 60
Something between 5 litres and 15 litres is appropriate. Make sure it has a secure lid. You really should have the tub ready to go before you get the snake. If you need to know how to set it up look at the click clack sticky thread.

You need a heat mat that can cover one third of the tub floor area. The heat mat wattage is relative to it's size. Yes use a thermostat and a good probe thermometer to monitor the temps. Did you read the click clack thread?

I use a PalPens "Jumbo", it's 400x300x300 (you can see pics in some of the albums in my profile) I'll be keeping my Bredli in until they're a year or so old.

I use a 13W heatmat & a Microclimate 100 thermostat. I'm getting around 32C at the warm end, & whatever at the cool end (depends on temps in the room at the time, sometimes only 15C or so). Use a non-contact thermometer to accurately measure floor temps, don't rely on the thermostat guage (my guage says 27 yet I'm actually getting 32....go figure)

my bredli is the same age and id say around the same size as yours... ive got her in a 2ft long by 1ft deep by 15inchs high tank.

she loves it as she has plenty of space to climb and explore.

at that age/ size i recon you can move away from tubs. just depends on your space and cash available.

cheers.

i have enclosure but the breeder said it might be to big for it its only 1200(L)x600(H)x500(D) so i was just wondering what i could do as an alternative to my enclosures

Attachments

• SANY1078.jpg
    SANY1078.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 86
my light doesnt have a cage either at the moment but mind you theres nothing living in that tank anymoe haha you can pick up pretty cheap ones better safe than sorry :p snakekid i wanna see some pics of your diamond too

here you go ths is my 7 month old diamond intergrade these pics are pretty old hoping to get more soon as more yellow is coming through

Attachments

• diamond 2.jpg
    diamond 2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 47
  • jewels.jpg
    jewels.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 48
  • feeding.jpg
    feeding.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
last photo rocks!!!.. im not too good with the whole hybrid/intergrade stuff. whats the diamond intergraded with? if that makes sense.

true shes cool but. love your bredl though thinking about getting one next hatchy season.. do you find him generally calm? i had a jungle and boy was he a bloody aggressive bugger. id love a murray darling but what do you have to say about your bredl?

my 5 month bredli is in an Exo Terra 400mm square enclosure with a 7watt Reptapet heat mat and a 40w UVA/UVB basking globe for during the day and is going great, eating well and is very active

yeah shes really calm a little bit snappy when first trying to get her out but fixed that by useing a hook but when shes out she is really good and weill only get better as i handle her more and more. i was going to get either a murray darling or a bredli but decided to get a bredli instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back