Whats this beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noongato

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ive been going through the old piks, and found this. We wild caught 3 of these when we were little kids from a garden in a yard where cats kept catching and eating them.
We fattened them up and released them down the creek.
We sexed them on the idea that the girls looked angry and the boys looked.. well sleepy and stupid.. Which gave us 2 boys 1 girl.
I remember watching them in the tank and the one we thought was a girl was waving her arm, and the boy was bobbing his head. Was our sexing right u reckon? Haha

What type beardies are they? Ive never seen one like them since....

Not the best photo, but it was film back in the day..
spike.jpg

whatever she was she needed her nails cut! some of my beardies wave their arms too ive read it's a signalling/communication wave and they also do it when a more dominant or large beardy is around.. something like that. shes pretty cool though

Are they common? They were found and released again in Manildra, which is near Orange. Its like a desert out there.

Nah they did have the broader triangle head of a beardie, and they did pop their beards out when we startled them. So i dont think Jacky

Ill believe its the Barbata option, cos theyre are alot of lizards out there and they look so much different to the standard, and alot of them are so much smaller too, in both weight and length.
They have it hard out there, thats for sure. But not due to humans, as theres not that many buildings there, but not much wildlife other than reptiles either...

Hahahaa. I wish i had some more photos... Ill have a scrounge and see what i find in the box and scan them....
We didnt have them long enough to be too photogenic..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back