Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderpug

Reaction score
Hi everone at Aussie pythons & Snakes! :D

I thought this was a great website to sign up to, I love reptile and spiders, all animals really.
I went to Australia this year, I took 1500 photos of just wild life and about 5 photos of other things lol. You Australians are lucky to have what you have there. I would love to have reptiles and large spiders in New Zealand, but I live in New Zealand :D haha.

My main question is if there are any snake relocaters out there, if they are interested in volunteers wanting to help and learn things on the job. When I got to Australia I rung all the snake relocaters around Ipswich but none would let me come out on the job as they didn't want to take responsibility for accidents. But all I wanted to do was watch other people to get some tips and anything like that. I love reptiles and I was astonished by the amount there was in Australia. I plan to be over there around dec/jan to visit my dad in Ipswich and I would be keen if someone was interested offering something like a day on the job or maybe just give me a few videos of what they do so I can learn.

I plan to do Zoology next year at Massey University, so I am very much an animal enthusiast.

Also, when is the best time to be in Australia to see reptiles active?

I went to Ipswich's Manchester National park by myself to explore all day on two occasions as no one could take me on a job. I found a lace monitor, a green tree snake and an Eastern Brown was the first I snake I encountered ever.

I do have a picture up close of the eastern brown which I will upload on this sight as I was unsure whether it was a coastal Taipan or Eastern brown. I am pretty sure its an Eastern Brown but I didn't quite manage to get the snakes head so you will have to tell by the scale pattern.

I look foward to talking to reptile and animal enthusiasts on this website.

Cheers,
James

Last edited:
Hi James and welcome......yep, we're a big land with big numbers of reptiles and other creepies. You'll find this site very helpful and fun.....I'm just a newbie, I have a 17 month old Stimsons python, just a little guy when it comes to pythons, only gets to about a metre, but he's big enough for me.

Cheers, Annie

You might find that the majority of relocators will be hesitant to give you videos/etc, as they do not want people who are unfamiliar with venomous snakes to go and attempt to handle them. If you'd like to become a relocator, you will need to get a licence (as reptiles are protected and it is actually illegal to "interfere" with them in the wild) and do a course for it, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back