Diamond Pooed a whole rat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missEms

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 3 yr old Diamond and he has just pooed a WHOLE RAT!!! This cant be normal right? I wouldnt have believed it if i didnt see it!
My guess is there is something going wrong with his digestive system?

Any ideas guys?

so you actually saw the act of pooing? Didn't just find the rat in the cage? How long ago was the snake fed?

thats pretty retarded thinking a snake can squeeze a whole rate through its digestive system... is that even possible?

something is obviously wrong with digestion. key factor id say would be heating.. makes sure the temps are correct. 22-24 cool side 30-32 warm side.

No i didnt see the actual act, the rat was surrounded n covered by fecal matter though... his set up seems fine temps lighting ect.. it took 3 days after feeding to dispell the rat..

yum! I'd be also checkin the rat batch?

well if its partially digested what do you think it digests into? haha :p "aside from what the snake absorbs"
could be stress to though
did they handle just after a feed?

where did the rat come from? before the python was fed, if his enclosure and temp are right..

that was my initial thought but after 3 days? really? and with fecal matter as well?

Yes, really. It takes about 4-5 days to break down. Even longer if the temps are low.

I wouldnt be feeding a diamond during winter unless it is provided with summer temps.

If you put your nose really close you just might catch a whiff. They seem to have fairly unique smell after 3 days. It's definatly a regurge though.

as serpenttongue said, i wouldnt feed a diamond at this time of year unless its being kept warm, 27-28deg. im in sydney and dont give my adult diamonds any heating at any time of year. i wont even try and feed till winter has gone and its warmed up

My Coastal, on the 5th night after a feed, regurgitated undigested rat and diahorread at same time. Turns out he had Trichomoniasis. Treated with Flagyl from vet. All better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back