how fast do lace monitors grow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckos_are_great

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting a lace monitor this summer but i dont want 1 if they grow realy fast so i just want to know on average how quick do the become fully grown

Like many reptiles, it really depends on how much they are feed.

With ample food, lacies do have the potential to grow quickly.

Are they class 2 or advanced in NSW & VIC?

As ST has said, it all depends on the amount of food they are provided and the temperature.

thanks guys i think i will w8 till it gets warmer though till i get1 and its just a basic licence in vic

wow, i didnt realize they were on a basic in vic... cool thats means i dont have to get an advanced then!!

It's a shame that they aren't class one in NSW
especially since i don't have to go far to find one in the wild, so keeping a pet one in an outdoor enclosure would be pretty easy as far as temps and climate go.

but i guess if they were class one everyone would have one.

You do know how dangerous they can be don't you?

Yep
but there are also a lot of smart keepers out there on class one that would know how to handle the animal with care and respect the fact that they can be dangerous

but i see your point if it was on class one less experienced people could/will get hurt.

not to mention the safety of the animal itself

Theres good reason for them being on class 2 in NSW...they are a very dangerous monitor and definatly not for the beginner!

Like all reptiles it depends on how much they are fed, I have a mate that has six lacies and four of them are only a year old and 3-4ft long and the other 2 he has only just recently bought from another breeder are 3 years old and maybe just 3ft long.

Theres good reason for them being on class 2 in NSW...they are a very dangerous monitor and definatly not for the beginner!

Yep ok i got it, thank you.

seems a bit silly other states have them on class one then.
all i meant was its weird how other states can have them on class one yet in NSW (part of their natural distribution) we can't.

you just have to respect lacies,they can be dangerous,especially at feeding time,growth depends on food intake,trust me,growing lacies constantly want food,also u cant legally take them from the wild,just do your homework before going out and buying one,and make sure u have set up for it to,they very quickly grow out of your normal sized indoor cages,and also theres no messier reptile .meaning lots of maintenence,which can be fun with the fiestier specimens

you just have to respect lacies,they can be dangerous,especially at feeding time,growth depends on food intake,trust me,growing lacies constantly want food,also u cant legally take them from the wild,just do your homework before going out and buying one,and make sure u have set up for it to,they very quickly grow out of your normal sized indoor cages,and also theres no messier reptile .meaning lots of maintenence,which can be fun with the fiestier specimens

I often hear lacies are messy, do they crap everywhere in the enclosure? One thing i like about my panoptes and spencers is that they normally only crap in the water bowl or corner of the enclosure furtherest away from their home.

I often hear lacies are messy, do they crap everywhere in the enclosure? .

They tend to walk over their crap and smear it everywhere.

I have a couple that like to crap just inside the aviary door, so that when I walk in there I step in it!

also in vcitoria or on average how much do they cost my price limit isnt very high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back