Server overload

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

I really wish that the people who run this site would get a better quality server [for a change] l noticed AGAIN last night continual server overload [with try again later ] ...why not charge everybody a couple bucks more and get a quality server ....cheers solar 17 [baden]

not charge us more. We are already contributing.
How about more people subscribe.

Considering there is approx $6500 paid yearly just from sponsors alone , plus how ever much there is from all the subscribers ( i'd imagine in the 1000"s of $$$ ) , you would imagine that should secure a decent server with out any one having to pay more money .....

Fairly sure we recently had a fee increase any way , for a better server ???

Last edited:
i thought that was for the massage chairs?

besides, im sure the people that run the site (or at least i'd hope) have a life, and are barely getting paid for there efforts. or at least the alcohol and hard drugs it takes to cope with most of you.

Sorry, I was doing some heavy database work and it was causing heavy load on the server. This is not normal.

I assure you, the server is perfectly capable of performing it's regular duties. It is a quad Xeon server and usually the load is well below 2 - I apologise for the interruption, I will attempt to do this sort of work later at night so it doesn't interfere with regular surfing (unfortunately though it was a work night and I couldn't afford to stay up to 5am like I usually do).

Considering there is approx $6500 paid yearly just from sponsors alone , plus how ever much there is from all the subscribers ( i'd imagine in the 1000"s of $$$ ) , you would imagine that should secure a decent server with out any one having to pay more money .....

Fairly sure we recently had a fee increase any way , for a better server ???

no dicky that money went towards the aps g-strings and other aps products :rolleyes:

Sorry, I was doing some heavy database work and it was causing heavy load on the server. This is not normal.

I assure you, the server is perfectly capable of performing it's regular duties. It is a quad Xeon server and usually the load is well below 2 - I apologise for the interruption, I will attempt to do this sort of work later at night so it doesn't interfere with regular surfing (unfortunately though it was a work night and I couldn't afford to stay up to 5am like I usually do).

Hi Adam.... this heavy database work you were doing,was it aps related?cause id hate to think you were charging members to use aps and then using the server for personal reasons?

Hi Adam.... this heavy database work you were doing,was it aps related?cause id hate to think you were charging members to use aps and then using the server for personal reasons?
This server is used solely for APS - the database work was APS related. All my personal and business related web sites are hosted elsewhere.

Adam i have many complaints.

I'm really unhappy with the ammount of wind right now in darwin, it is making fishing rather difficult, can you do something about it?

I don't see what the big deal is, i've only noticed it last night and for a short amount of time and haven't experienced it any other time lately. Upgrading the server will do nothing, because regardless it will still have the same problem if the forum is being worked on.

And what has chit chat got to do with how the server performs lol? Think people just looking for any reason to complain =p.

Adam i have many complaints.

I'm really unhappy with the ammount of wind right now in darwin, it is making fishing rather difficult, can you do something about it?

it probably has something to do with the foods you've been eating. i doubt admin can help you with that.

it probably has something to do with the foods you've been eating. i doubt admin can help you with that.

I can tell by your response that you are a 'No Man.' This forum needs 'Yes Men' working within the ranks to help improve userbility and wind reduction. It is for this precise reason that your application to become admin was and will not ever be considered for shortlisting.

I think you attitude needs an about face. Adam thankyou, the wind is blowing at a much reduced rate at the moment. It is nice when a complaint is acted upon so quickly and thoroughly.

vBulletin put a handy "split thread" feature in for threads like this. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to use it and too interested in watching this ridiculousness propagate.

vBulletin put a handy "split thread" feature in for threads like this. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to use it and too interested in watching this ridiculousness propagate.

For succesful proppagation every administrator needs to put some hard work into their ridiculousness. Alas as a self confessed lazy administrator i fear your ridiculousness is being neglected to the point of it being mere silliness.

This is shameful as the potential of this seed was so promising.

I gave up being an administrator. I couldn't handle all the complaining every time there was a glitch or I had to do so something.

Per

I gave up being an administrator. I couldn't handle all the complaining every time there was a glitch or I had to do so something.

Per
Try being a programmer - specs are often half a page of scrawl, you can't arrange meetings with the stake-holder, My psychic ability doesn't extend to telling what they want, feature-creep and acceptance testing is a pipe-dream.
And if they like it you don't hear a word. But heaven help you if it is even if it is the slightest shade wrong....

Response

HI there..l don't believe l am a whinger ...but it is frustating when these overloads happen ....but hey personally l am happy with "ADMINSTRATORS" response....and everyone have a lovely day now.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back