Monday night herp on the gold coast

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sativa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Being a warm night on Monday we thought we would go for a quick look for the first time this season, not to be dissapointed at the begining of our road was this beautiful carpet. we had to encourage her to hurry off the road. She was the only herp we saw for the night but we weren't out long. It gives me the feeling this is going to be a good herping year! Can't wait to get the good camera in a few weeks, so i can take proper shots! Cheers

Attachments

• 1st herp of the year 17-8-09 011.jpg
    1st herp of the year 17-8-09 011.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 1st herp of the year 17-8-09 016.jpg
    1st herp of the year 17-8-09 016.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 166
that is a nice looking coastal! I found one in our cupboard that looked just like her but a tiny baby, so I'm with you on the good herping year ahead.
Saw 2 beardies out on Friday so they are starting to get on the move!!

If anyone lives around Caboolture/Morayfield and knows of some sweet herping spots/tips let me know. I am excited!!

Hi all, how did you all get into this? Very very impressed, do you go in teams, or just alone? What do you do when you find something? Take a photo and record that you saw it?
What fun!!!!!

I'm of the same opinion. In fact I've dusted off the camera and hope to go bush on Friday night with the intention of being at a platypus hole at sunrise

I was planning to go out and do a day/night trip because its going to be nice and warm with overnight lows of 17 degrees, cant wait.

yeah im on the gold coast also and there has been so many snakes around lately sinse that its warming up quickly the all seem to be out to soak up some sun i have a relatively calm eastern brown reciding in my yard he was here a few weeks ago then went and just yesterday it came back its a beautiful looking snake

went out last night again, just saw a couple of small eyes, would like to again tonight but have band prac.... anyone else go out???

hey im on gc to where abouts do u go herping on the gc i havent really got a clue for any good NIGHT spots

I went out of Saturday night. Found some road kill, and 2 Brown tree Snakes, 1 small eyed snake and a carpet python. In all the exitement ( weather was perfect) i left the camera behind. Will not forget it next time...

G'day guys,

Don't forget to be a bit discrete about posting good herping locations on the Internet. Nothing is more frustrating than going for a herp and instead watching a cavalry of cars driving at 40km/h with their high beams on.

come on a real young keen as herper here that just wants to know a place to herp at night on the gc. please pm if willing. give us a go would ya youngins are hard done by and looked down apon:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back