This is what can happen feeding live to snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just going through my Mobile pics and came across this. Its a pic off the wall at a reptile vets clinic

Nasty!!!!
Sorry that the pic is not great

Attachments

• MOBILE 379.jpg
    MOBILE 379.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,154
well lets just hope it stops some from doing it ...sad to say though their are still people out there that will beg to differ on the subject and will only be convinced when it happens to them ..:(

well lets just hope it stops some from doing it ...sad to say though their are still people out there that will beg to differ on the subject and will only be convinced when it happens to them ..:(

Yep and or the sadistic buggers who like to watch or think it natural:rolleyes:

I get so mad when I hear people saying they live feed for no good reason.

We recently had a man come out to install an energy meter, and we got into talking about snakes as he saw mine and he has a big carpet aswell. He wanted to buy some live rats off me even though I said I had frozen ones available, but he goes NO I only feed live because I dont want to get bitten by my snake, that he just opens the door, throws in the rat and watches the snake kill it. Apparantly this is a "fun time for the family, everyone crowds around to watch we think its really cool."

Like err buddy have you heard of feeding tongs? :rolleyes::rolleyes: It took all my self control not to slap him around the head and told him I wont be selling any to him..

The snake never gets handled because he is too scared to get it out, so id hate to think what conditions its living in. Or why he even has it in the first place, probably just a show piece to his friends , bloody trash of a man.

We recently had a man come out to install an energy meter, and we got into talking about snakes as he saw mine and he has a big carpet aswell. He wanted to buy some live rats off me even though I said I had frozen ones available, but he goes NO I only feed live because I dont want to get bitten by my snake, that he just opens the door, throws in the rat and watches the snake kill it. Apparantly this is a "fun time for the family, everyone crowds around to watch we think its really cool."

Like err buddy have you heard of feeding tongs? :rolleyes::rolleyes: It took all my self control not to slap him around the head and told him I wont be selling any to him..

The snake never gets handled because he is too scared to get it out, so id hate to think what conditions its living in. Or why he even has it in the first place, probably just a show piece to his friends , bloody trash of a man.

I'd be reporting him to DECs or someone.....he needs to be stopped.

Now let me get this right....in the picture am I seeing that a live rat has been fed to the snake, and once inside the snake, the "live rat" has tried to eat it's way...out of the snake !!!! ?????????

That's disgusting, why on earth would anyone who owns a reptile do something so stupid? I know some people don't realise the dangers, but surely they could question it when they buy or get one. I can't stand idiots who do such idiotic things.
If the guy who doesn't handle his snake is too afraid he should get rid of it to someone who cares and can treat it properly

Last edited:
Now let me get this right....in the picture am I seeing that a live rat has been fed to the snake, and once inside the snake, the "live rat" has tried to eat it's way...out of the snake !!!! ?????????

LOL no. the rat attacked the snake be for the snake was able to eat it

It the snake had of eaten it it would have been dead

Lewy

LOL no. the rat attacked the snake be for the snake was able to eat it

It the snake had of eaten it it would have been dead

Lewy

Oh....(hides head in embarrassement)....well it's certainly disgusting, but you can't blame the poor rat for trying to defend itself...........a bad result for both snake and live rat......

Poor python :(
I've read in heaps of books about feeding, and all of them say that feed live is a bad option. Why wont people ever learn :(

why oh why vixen you should off slapped some sense into him:D

Cool photos, always good to see why we shouldn't do the things we're told not to do!

poor snake having to go through that. I hope the owner learnt his listen. I also hope people take notice of this and never feed live.

Wasn't there an APS thread recently where a member was seeking pictures of the consequences of live feeding for the purpose of producing a poster like this one? Is this poster the outcome of that project?

I gave him alot of suggestions but I think they all flew straight through his head, he didnt look impressed with me. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back