What is a good gun for snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to shoot snakes with a 410 cannon(although its a camera). Quite ironic when a .410 shotty is probably the best suited to snakes, if in Floridia i would go a 12 gauge for the burms though.

you know your a hillbilly when..
You let your 12 year old daughter smoke at the breakfast table in front of her kids.

should that not read, you let your daughter smoke at the breakfast table in front of your's and her kids?.
cheers:)

Pfft, typical, everyone knows shotties are the best

Only way to go.

Unless your this guy
someredneck from the link said:
If you're just wanting to know what the general best snake-killing tool is, look no further than an ordinary garden hoe. They're not exciting, but they never run out of ammo and they ALWAY kill.

Last edited:
thats only when the gun is pointing at the guy who wants to kill shoot the snake

I cant understand why people would shoot snakes for sport, but i understand they can be a problem for people out in the counrty.

About 30 years ago, when you used to be able to buy guns at a department store, I briefly managed the Sporting Goods department at a BigW. We were getting stocks of single barrel .410 shotguns imported from South America and selling them for less than $50 each with a box of 25 shells. Huge hit with the "only good snake is a dead snake" crowd. We couldn't keep up with the demand from farmers, but even more, from farmers' wives!!!

Hilarious when you read some of the hunting threads on here. Good to see the double standards and hypocrisy are alive and well on APS.

Get it right JessB.
It is a little bit different to shoot feral animals then shooting native animals.

Hypocrisy ican be alive and well in any community not just APS. People are people not matter what forum they belong to.

Good gun for snakes???

don't matter what they use, they don't have a trigger finger!

He doesn't actually mention anything about shooting them for sport, so they may Just want one for protection..

I would think this gun would be best.

Attachments

• suicide gun.jpg
    suicide gun.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back