R albinos selling ????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steph

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Thinking of breeding albino darwins, I have noticed that there have been some for sale for a while now. Are they not selling or what???????? Is it the ecconomic times or what????
would like your imput as i am thinking of purchasing a albino to put with my female 100% het but dont want to waste my money. also already have a pair of 100% hets so will get a few albinos anyway but if i purchase an albino to put with my female then half the clutch will be albino but the question is am i waisting my money and how long do i have to wait to get a sale or will they sell?????

would like your input

thanks guys

jules:)

farming isnt giving good returns at the moment. its not even worth a farmers time to raise a lamb and sent it to market

Can't comment on others but I have none left from last season.They sold as easily as they did in seasons past.

Thanks wranga for your honest reply will take that into consideration. But also the market may improve in a few years can i wait that long to recoupe some of my costs.

Jules

also factor in price reductions as more are bred, just like GTP's

By then ever man and his dog will be breeding there hets If you wont a good investment buy houses..

Like all pythons, it has a lot to do with who breeds it, rather than what is bred. Established breeders are not having too much trouble selling animals, even very basic species that others are struggling with like Spotteds, Carpets and average Jungles.

I do know a lot of people are wary of buying hets from unknown breeders.

What is wrong with buying a mate just because you enjoy looking and keeping them?
Does it all just have to be about money?

exactly Spooky.... I have a pair & they are absolutely awesome !!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply Ramsey

Great to hear you had no trouble selling that gives me more reasurance now. The albinos are very nice pythons to have in ones collection. I look forward to having many hatches next year.

Thanks

jules

I've already had a fair few enquirys in my gravid girl.also had alot of interest in them when they were on display at the Qld reptile expo.i think the price will come down gradually over the next few years till they are affordable to your average person ,but when they get down to around $2000 ,i think it will stay there for a while.
cheers
simon

I'd advise you to get an albino purely because they are delightful and beautiful snakes. Don't count your profits now, as the market will be different 3 years from now when you finally have hatchlings (assuming you buy a hatchie).

We are only parting with ours now, we wanted them to colour up so we could choose what to keep and what to part with. Selling them has not been an issue.

Hi Guys

Thinking of breeding albino darwins, I have noticed that there have been some for sale for a while now. Are they not selling or what???????? Is it the ecconomic times or what????
would like your imput as i am thinking of purchasing a albino to put with my female 100% het but dont want to waste my money. also already have a pair of 100% hets so will get a few albinos anyway but if i purchase an albino to put with my female then half the clutch will be albino but the question is am i waisting my money and how long do i have to wait to get a sale or will they sell?????

would like your input

thanks guys

jules:)

You are not going to loose money by purchasing an albino male. Most people that do set out to make ' the big quick money' are often dissapointed. You should not be in it for the money only. But if you look at the price for breeding age males now, it doesn't take much to work out that even if the price drops quite a lot you are still going to do quite well. IF THEY BREED!

Even though albinos will drop in price by time I breed them, I am still getting some soon as they are awsome looking animals.

i have a pair of hets that i bought of ramsayi, and they are beautiful snakes :) i hoping to breed them next season, and even if i didnt get albinos im still happy with with the hets :) i didnt buy them to make money from albinos but because they are one of my favourite snakes so im happy even if i just get 1 ablino :)

i have a pair of hets that i bought of ramsayi, and they are beautiful snakes :) i hoping to breed them next season, and even if i didnt get albinos im still happy with with the hets :) i didnt buy them to make money from albinos but because they are one of my favourite snakes so im happy even if i just get 1 ablino :)
So once you get one Hobbs you will be happy,any left over send up this way...LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back