lack of poop!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shelly68

Reaction score
hi all
hope everyone is well...

my harold(coastal python) whom we have had for three weeks now, nearly 4 actually is only pooping little white stools and i mean little the size of a kiity litter piece. he seems very well has grown in length and doubled in width so am not to concerned other than i did see a stool in his enclosure where i bought him and it was a decent size stool.. could anything be wrong??
cheers
shelly

They seem to have very individual schedules for relieving themselves. Right now he's just getting rid of urates. When it's a long time between droppings, you can expect something impressive and smelly. I find that handling/exercise stimulates this to some extent. If swollen near the vent, best handle in rain gear over an easily-cleaned surface;).

My partner Bev found that out the hard way. Sitting on the couch one night holding Stan the SWC. Next thing I new Bev was screeming, I thought Stan had bitten her. I raced into the room to see her covered in poo all down her front. Well I laughed and laughed that just made things worse. can't stop laughing at the moment just thinking about it

ME :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BEV:evil::evil::evil::evil:

My BHP poo's about every 2 weeks but there have been a number of times that it has been 4 weeks between stools.
Depending on how big Harold is and what the weather is like where you are, take him out on the grass. I have found that this gets mine pooing every time.
(wouldnt do it if he is a baby)

Urates

That's number ones not number two's.

Little white bit and liquid urine. I'm glad we don't pee that way:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: MIGHT HURT

thank you all so much...
he actually pooped today as well as shed for his first time with us...
my partner decided to put a branch in his enclosure and away he went pooped and shed lol
again thanks all
cheers
shelly
x0x

Glad to hear that - exercise and shedding are always 'moving' experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back