newbie vegetarian

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll eat pretty much anything.. with the exception of mushrooms.... I don't like mushrooms eww
My partner on other hand is a vegetarian, who doesn't eat eggs Pumpkin or sweet potato. and loves mushrooms hahaha
I have no issues with eating vegetarian..I just have issues cooking vegetarian without eggs pumpkin or sweet potato.....................
I make him do the cooking :D
If i feel i need a hit of red meat
i get a burger when he's not around ehehhehe

If killen stuff is so wrong what the heck do you feed your snakes?

If killen stuff is so wrong what the heck do you feed your snakes?

and when I have a steak sanga i cut out the carbs in the bread by placing my nice piece if scotch fillet between 2 pieces of cross cut blade... wowzas gotta go there is a feed of koala walking passed the front door!

If she wanted recipes she coud have Googled them. She obviously wanted to talk about becoming vego and get some opinions on the topic...

:lol:

So Google is for answers and posting on APS is a war cry? Ahhh, sad but true :lol:

My partner on other hand is a vegetarian, who doesn't eat eggs Pumpkin or [/B]sweet potato[/B]. and loves mushrooms

Ahhhhh!!!! You see!! Those two exact things put me off EVER becoming a vegetarian! :lol: I have this sickly hatred of pumpkin and sweet potato!!! I mean...what is that!!!! They are ghastly!! Roasted pumpkin is the work of Satan!

i cant stand pumkin either, if i even try to eat it, i will always dry reach no matter wat! lol, it has got to be the most foul tasting veg i reckon!!

oh I LOVE pumpkin and sweet potato, if I didn't get cravings for red meat (vitamin b deficiency problems) I'd live on veggie stir fry or roasted veggies...

Just a comment here. I can't tolerate much meat, it makes me ill, but I have a teenager daughter and insist on her eating some meat, simply because it's the only thing that we can actually metabolise properly to get the nutrients that we otherwise have to get from pills and super huge serves of veggies.
If you wish to become vegetarian, wait till your body stops growing and developing, at least that way, you will be less likely to develop problems later in life. You do need the natural vitamins and minerals etc that can only come from meat, your body only casts out what it doesn't use, some supplements can and do build up in your tissues and cause other problems. Please consider all the options before you take any further steps. This is the advice I gave my daughter when she was considering it and she has decided to wait till she has stopped growing to decide what she wants to do.
Good luck >:0)

YOU KNOW VEGIES SCREAM WHEN BEING PICKED YOU JUST DONT GET TO HEAR THEM ......you know your farts will get that swampy grass smell ...serious though if you plan on getting pregnant down the track ..I would be speaking to your GP and getting all the information you can prior ..as even us meat tearing animal loving steak eaters get iron problems when pregnant ....

LOL I wanted kids... buut I dunno if I can aford them cause of all the herps I'm collecting lol

lol, i'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, but I rarely eat eggs. The way I look at it is, if an animal is carnivorous, then i'm fine with it eating meat, as it has to to survive. But I beleive that if an animal is omnivorous, and can survive without eating meat, then we shouldn't eat meat. of course, everyone has the right to their own opinion.

hmm...I don't know much about bears. If the animal can survive without eating meat, then I beleive it shouldn't...mmmm...Tofu!!!

Bears, I believe, primarily eat roots, nuts, berries, etc. Would you then say that they should not eat any kind of other animal, despite the fact that they have evolved for millions of years to be opportunistic feeders, and eat whatever they can (I'm being specific to a few species) to build up fat for hibernation.

Just curiosity. It's an interesting topic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back