Best guard dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahahahahah!
LOVE the pics of the min pin! im sorry i just can't stop laughing, its so cute! and its got that funny expression on its face like my little dog! hahaha awsome

I reckon you can't go wrong with an indoor trained doberman and a pair of male rotties outside... People aren't jumping the fence to come face to face with a pair of 45~50kg rotties, if the do, and they get inside, they are gonna meet a real big angry lookin dog with a voice deeper barry white..

im pretty shor i will be getting a neapolitan mastiff or a douge de bordaux ( french mastiff )

they are awesome looking dogs imo. my mate has a neo its dribbles every wer :lol: my wife and i really like douge. any info or pics on these would be appreiated ,i saw a litter of red nose APBT x douge de bourdaux the other day ,interesting mix i think :) $1200 a pup :?

keep the dog suggestions coming people! :D

cheers

All you need mate is the next three things sensor,slingshot and emmo_Once the sensor alerts you the thiefs are there ,well thats what the sling shot and ammo are for.Some would disagree but itworks for me lol.

German Shepard, they're smart and scary. My beauty scares anybody away but if we invite them i then its all good, If Its just me or me or my sister she gets super protective and goes nuts if someone tries to enter. Great watch dog and will stop barking when told. I'll never get a different type of dog

danes are the best .... she knows who and what is on her turf before i can see them but if i greet them she is as nice as pie

German Shepard, they're smart and scary. My beauty scares anybody away but if we invite them i then its all good, If Its just me or me or my sister she gets super protective and goes nuts if someone tries to enter. Great watch dog and will stop barking when told. I'll never get a different type of dog
they are nice dogs , but im after a short haired dog.

Our Ridgey x Bull Mastiff x Bull Arab is a top guard dog. Awesome bark but unfortunately he wouldn't hesitate to follow up on that bark (unfortunate for legal reasons only - anyone who would dare to go in with him should be bitten either for their stupidity or because they are trying to break in!).

I've been thinking of getting a Bull Mastiff cross something with good joints next. Love their look.

Hsut77 thats one good looking mini pinscer

Cosmicwolf4 do you have any pics of your rotty mastiff cross. I have never seen one of these before but it sounds good.

A pic of my boy...

Attachments

• Dogs 048.jpg
    Dogs 048.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 77
I do have some of him when he was a puppy, but you can see his colours. I need to upload the others to this pc.
He really is just the best dog, fantastic with the kids and the other animals.
He looks like a rotty in colour, but has the mix in the body shape.

Attachments

• BadgerbyLisa.jpg
    BadgerbyLisa.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
my friend has an american bulldog, very loyal, cant play fight, or wrestle or play footy with him infront of the dog, without being bitten or nipped. also it is ver intemedating when it barks if u dont no it.

Will

I have had rotty crosses for many years and have always found them to be so loyal to family and very protective of the property without being classed as dangerous.
Mine have all been very intelligent and learned who they could trust quickly. Badger won't let anyone in either that yard or the house if we aren't there, yet our grandkids can do anything to him and he just takes it, when he's had enough, he gets up and walks away.

sorry to hear about ya house any dog a foxie is one good one if you want small or shepard, rotties

Go the billy goat idea, no one would claim vicious goat.. Hahaha Plus i think they would be too embarassed to whinge to the RSPCA after being whooped by a goat.
Id love one, but the man says no..

Rhodesian Ridgebacks i have to say win it hands down! They have a loud and deep bark. Big Dogs. Can look agressive but not very often. Bark at every noise they hear. They where used in Zimbabwe(Rhodesia) to hunt lions in packs and apparently they were used to keep Zimbabweans off the white mens property. so i was told. I Have 1 and he does the best job he scares everyone, the only let down is that if the person wasnt scared by how he looks and sounds and ran at the dog. the ridgy wouldnt hurt anyone so it would hide and be scared. other than that great guard dog.
I was going to say the same thing. My uncle had 2 until a few months ago, they were fantastic guard dogs but were still very much a pet dog too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back