Best guard dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not recommending them (no offence meant at all but if you need to ask what dogs make good guard dogs I dont think these guys are for you). I've just fallen in love with them.

A couple of interesting Boerboel clips.....

[video=youtube;XHXSeDWvyQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHXSeDWvyQc&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;y6mhL3ANyJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6mhL3ANyJY&feature=fvw[/video]

go with a bullmastiff, they are very good guard dogs, they warn off intruders without attacking to kill, they attack only to "hold" the intruder.Originally bred to find and immobilize poachers,A Bullmastiff is courageous, extremely loyal to its family, calm, and loving. Bullmastiffs become intensely attached to their families. i would reccomend to get any dog from a breeder that way you can be sure how the temperment will turn out.
heres my bullmastiffxpit.

Attachments

• rsz_1pict0013.jpg
    rsz_1pict0013.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 46
rotties are awesome but i used to own a GSP (german shorthaired pointer) and he he was one of the best guard dogs i ever had...

so yea get a GSP!! :)

Two Amstaffs seems to be working well for me at the moment,people even tend to cross the road to get out of my way whilst im walking them both.

Not recommending them (no offence meant at all but if you need to ask what dogs make good guard dogs I dont think these guys are for you). I've just fallen in love with them.

A couple of interesting Boerboel clips.....

YouTube - Jessica Working Akiva number 4 - On Lead

YouTube - South African Mastiff (Boerboel) 1st Protection testing

Those ones are pretty small, I have found a huge size variance in them, my mates is much bigger, 85kg, those ones don't look much over 60, his one has a oversized head for it's body too.

two pitbulls to bring the intruder down and hold him..
and a machette to cut his head off works for me :lol:

Sorry guys but I have the best guard dog! :D

Attachments

• adjusted.jpg
    adjusted.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 37
two pitbulls to bring the intruder down and hold him..
and a machette to cut his head off works for me :lol:

Pretty much the same for me Colin,minus the machette.Thats what my 40 odd kg male is for.

Sorry guys but I have the best guard dog! :D

Going back 12 months or so ago ,my local free paper had a warning in it that puppy owners should keep a close eye on them and preferably leave them inside if you were going out for prolonged periods as there was a gang of neanderthals (my edited version of what id like to call them) stealing pups and small breed dogs to use as bait dogs.
I would be keeping a very close eye on that cute little fella as people such as those mentioned above are everywhere and disappointingly its a sign of the times.

Hi

I did't read every thing! but for me a Doberman and Cane corso ar the best (we own bought and a Pitt) off course a pitt would be a great guard dog but i think there just to smart for only that work!

Unless you intend to train it then it won't do ****. Anyone who has more than a basic understanding of dogs will be able to read when a dog is serious and bluff it into retreating.

Get an alarm. Most people who think their dogs will "guard" are deluded.

hey,
Id go a doberman.
The germans bred them for purpose of hunting and, well, killing. thats why the ears and tails are cut off, to prevent them from getting caught in the weeds and what not when chasing people.
If not, just get a giant #%^! off dog. cant go wrong, only problem is that the bigger the dog, the bigger the crap and the bill for food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back