Dermal Anchors and Surgical Procedures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TahneeMaree

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Do they mix? lol

I would like to get some dermals done in time for the rednes/bruising to be gone before I go to a wedding... BUT I'm having my wisdom teeth removed next month (anesthesia and everything)

was wondering if anyone could tell me if having dermals would cause a problem? Usually you need to remove all jewellery... but the anchors are titanium... so I dunno if I could get them before next month? Because I'd really love to...

if you get an infection you won't be able to have the surgery.

I'm fairly confident that they'll be well healed before my appointment (based on my personal piercing healing history)

Anyone ever had first hand experience in dermals? or been in a situation like this?

Dermal Anchors heal so quickly, i was really surprised at how quickly they settled and any sign of swelling went down. After a week of having mine they looked like they had been there ages, no redness, no scabs, no swelling.

because the piercing itself isnt very invasive compared to a bar running under the surface of your skin they seem to heal alot quicker than the more conventional barbells.

IMG_0562.jpg

ewwwwwwww ....looking at that pic ..seems a quicker cheaper way would be to go and get some roofing nails and a hammer ...looks the same :)

ewwwwwwww ....looking at that pic ..seems a quicker cheaper way would be to go and get some roofing nails and a hammer ...looks the same :)

LOL RBB, I'm getting them done in my neck too, cept side by side lol... I HAD a bar, but it grew out WAY too quick... I want 2 little stars or red diamonies... I'm wearing a red dress to the wedding

Hahahaha RBB ! only trouble with doing it your way is i would probably be in a wheelchair right now ....... would probably look just as good tho, until the nails start to rust lol

Do they mix? lol

I would like to get some dermals done in time for the rednes/bruising to be gone before I go to a wedding... BUT I'm having my wisdom teeth removed next month (anesthesia and everything)

was wondering if anyone could tell me if having dermals would cause a problem? Usually you need to remove all jewellery... but the anchors are titanium... so I dunno if I could get them before next month? Because I'd really love to...

One of my staff has a dermal in her chest , she has had Xrays etc and has had to take aout all of her "normal peircings" but the dermal has stayed in with not too much drama!

It may stay red for some time tho , if you are worried about the healing and redness maybe wait till after the wedding?

They don't stay red for long at all. Emily got some done the other week, ask her how hers are looking, I'm sure they won't be red or bruised anymore. They clean up so quickly it shocked me!

gah, go back and look at the thread -_- I'm not worried about the redness, I can get it done on friday, heps of time for that to heal...

I have had about 10 anchors so far. They heal fast, but for me my body likes pushing them out. But everyone is different.

Holy mother of Jebus, looks like someone shot Jay84 in the back of the neck with an air rifle.

Surely you can wait a month till after your teeth are removed, before you get the anchors done.
In 6 months time will you be saying to yourself "Man, I wish I had gotten these done before my wisdoms were taken out..."?

Maybe talk to your piercer or maybe see if you can find a good doctor
(one that actually knows about piercing)

you should be fine ive had 2 have many xrays of my jaw and had an operation with the piercings in my neck in. most doctors are cool about it. especially if you tell them that it would get a bit messy taking the dermal anchors out. if they insist just unscrew the top of them. i cant wait to get mine done ive always had surface bars and they migrate to quickly

Maybe talk to your piercer or maybe see if you can find a good doctor
(one that actually knows about piercing)

Yeah I might haveto... I was hoping to not haveto go to the piercer just to find out that I cant get them done...

It's just a wisdom tooth removal, only difference is that I'll be knocked out completely instead of just numbed

TM ,look I have just got a deal from bunnings ...roofing nails and I also got some metalic red paint ...so it will go with your dress ...you just bring the hammer OK

TM ,look I have just got a deal from bunnings ...roofing nails and I also got some metalic red paint ...so it will go with your dress ...you just bring the hammer OK

LOL RBB, the ones I'm planning will look nice and dainty when healed... I'll be sure to post a picture just for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back