yamaha yz 125

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulionz

hey guys/girls im getting a yz 15 for xmas i hope and i was just wondering who rides em and wats better 2 stroke or 4 stroke i prefer 4 stroke but yer how big r they compaerd to u cause i no there a bit big and pritty powerful but i cant get a pic of how pic they really look like thanks

125's are snappy as :)

4 strokes are mad if you want to pop mono's :p

i prefer 2 strokes, i had a kx80, then 2 cr125's, and end of the year im going to try a 4 stroke.. probably a cr250f or something..

But 125's are fun to ride, theyre snappy and love the sound!

I forgot to add, alot of people wont be able to put their feet flat on the ground when sitting on one :) lol

yer thanks i can put 1 leg down on my toes on a 250 so i should be right and na i dont really like monos i wonna do jumps so im looking at a 2 stroke

Bike

We've always has bikes.

You getting brand new or second hand? If it is second hand make sure that you get service records etc. Chances are it's been jumped and thrashed to the max.

Your getting a good quality bike.

We've got KTM's, cheap jap bikes for shooting and quad bikes for the farm.

i had a yz125 and belive it or not i found it a handfull to ride compared to the ktm 300 i have now. Dont get me wrong, it was a fun, quick bike, but you had to be up it all the time to get the most out of it. Had nothing down low, but once you gave it a hiding....:shock:. the 300 is easier, and more forgiving with hill climbs ect, but the 125 was a great bike for jumps!

I have found 125's are pretty revy so you will be giving the gearbox a thorough flogging regularly.
As for jumping, 4 strokes arent any different to 2 strokes really,although they are a little heavier.Look at alot of the FMX boys,they are all starting to convert over to 4 strokes for the sheer torque they provide.
Same for monos 4 strokes arent any better or worse thats crap,they will all loft the front wheel easily.
Im 5 foot 11 and ride a KTM 525 and have done for a few years now,and i cant reach the ground flat footed with both feet.But you dont need to, as long as you can reach tippy toe thats enough,you never have/need both feet on the ground anyway as when stationery you should always have 1 foot covering the rear brake pedal.

if you get something along the lines of a crf250, or a yzf250 etc then i can guarantee that you will much prefer it over a 2 stroke 125. I used to race them and the 125 just doesnt have the smooth acceleration and torque of the 250 through the bottom end. they are ideal for jumping aswell because of how smooth and consistant the power is.IMO the 125 is no comparison! but thats just my opinion...

If this is your first bike, a 2 stroke yz will throw you off pretty fast, especially hitting powerband! :)

As gsxr_boy says mate dont go a 2 stroke!
I first got a old school xr500 when i was 15 and still hate 2 strokes today, some 6 years later!

At the end of the day whether you buy 2 or 4 stroke it wont matter it will only be as good as you can ride it....I am into roadbikes and honestly i have never met a weekend warrior/hack who can ride these bikes to the full potential......

na it aint my 1st bike ive had 4 bikes but they wer older and no where near as powerful and ive been doing smaller jumps like 2 ft lol and i wonna better faster higher jumping bike i love the power band lol my 1st bike had it and its so awesome when it kicks in u feel it so all in all yamaha is a good bike

If this is your first bike, a 2 stroke yz will throw you off pretty fast, especially hitting powerband! :)

On modern day bikes, the power band isnt as aggressively delivered as on the older style bikes.I used to own a 99 CR250,which was the Seth Enslow edition.Came with a full Pro Circuit exhaust, Afam sprokets etc etc all the good gear including his signature edition Reed valves and that was one hell of a beast of a bike,but even that didnt have to nasty a powerband.Yeah it would loft the front wheel easily in 5th gear but not like the old school bikes.

wow, really??? where can i buy a bigger one for my bike............:lol:

You cant change the "powerband" on a bike,you can only change the power delivery.

lol ok well i really wonna yamaha but mum dont wonna pay that amount if it was a horse i would have now lol but she said i coulld get 1 and im gonna get 1 that will last

You could just have the powerband removed, or put a smaller one on...

2 stroke bikes i'm all for ( especially rgv's Aprilla's etc, can;t beat the rev v v v v s! ) but i was just thinking if this young bloke had never ridden a bike before a yz 125 might be a bit of a handful. Myself i grew up with 2 stroke bikes from primary school age and love them! :D

lol fair enough its just easyer without mixing the oil and i love the power of the 4 stroke but 2 strokes can go all day and can be thrashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back