Like My Home made Click Clack??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddly_pony

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all
I have almost finished making my click clack I just need to get either a heat mat or a heat light (your opinions would be great :))
So what do you think??? I made it and it was 100% free!!! It is my old fish tank !!
What I did...
I cleaned out the fish tank thoroughly and lined the bottom with a bit of plastic I cut to fit and then I had some left over carpet from when the carpets got done so I lyed a piece down on the bottom making sure there was no plastic showing.. for warmth I also cut pieces of carpet to put on the outside as like sort of insullation if you wanna call it
The lid of the tank never fit all the way around and had a 5cm gap sooo
I got out my first aid kit and had lots of mefix its like elastoplast but has lots and lots of little holes in it to let the skin breath so I used that to cover the gap while it lets the air in aswell!!!! I made sure every tini tiny gap was covered
Then for the hide out and water bowl (which you cant see but its there) I got two 1.25 litre plastic bottles and cut off the ends!! I Coloured in the hideaway in black so its dark for the little one :) then went into the garden and got a branch and stuck it in!!!!
So what do you think of my home made Click Clack!!!!
ClickClack.jpg

And my little hideaway!!!!
ClickClackhouse.jpg

well do you want to really know ..cause there is so much wrong with that setup for a snake ...first you cant have sticky tape anywhere near a snake enclosure...second carpet is no good as a substrate..third it doesnt have a proper closed in lid so you will lose your snake ..and the list goes on sweetie ..nice try but you really need to look up and find out about clickclack setups...

sorry to say but you`ll have very poor ventilation,maybe take out the carpet and put in some clean soil and bark something green to like a plant the hidey hole it ok and the water bowl as long it holds water! maybe thihnk about making a wooden frame for the lid and use fly srceen for the lid, as for the carpet arounf the edges they wont do a great deal so they could come off! purhaps put a thicker stick in there too

I would just pick up a 5 dollar plastic storage container, put a few holes, some dowel and use that .

while it looks nice, i dont think its all that practical.

change then carpet and put paper towel or newspaper instead (carpet will be hard to clean and will hold in piss and stuff)

make sure the stick is clean, some people bake them in the oven to kill germs, others wash with soap ect.

is that tape thats holdin the stick and that ramp thingy there? remove that as your snake will get caught on it and it will cause problems shedding if a peice gets stuck on the snake.

i like the carpet idea on the side.

not sure which to go, either heat matt or globe. but make sure you get a good thermometer, i reccomend microclimate b1, about 180 bucks i think.

also, more hides in there, 1 isnt enough. put in atleast 2 or 3. one in hot end, one in cool end and then maybe on in the middle.

what snake you gunna get aswell?

This is what i use

Attachments

• Image106.jpg
    Image106.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Image107.jpg
    Image107.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 231
well do you want to really know ..cause there is so much wrong with that setup for a snake ...first you cant have sticky tape anywhere near a snake enclosure...second carpet is no good as a substrate..third it doesnt have a proper closed in lid so you will lose your snake ..and the list goes on sweetie ..nice try but you really need to look up and find out about clickclack setups...

Totaly agree with redbelly on this that is not a suitable enclosure for any reptile:shock:

Depending on what snake you get to the size you need but you should just go to a cheepy store and grab a proper click clak

Just like what untouchables had put in above

I will write some steps down for you

1) Empty that tank and throw the contents out
2) Go to big w/coles/ $2 shop and buy a 5-10 litre storage container
3) Use a drill bit or soldering iron to makes some air holes (Patterns at your discretion)
4) Line the bottom with paper towels
5) Add a hide and water bowl
6) Place half of this container (The half without the water bowl) on a heatmat
7) Use that tank to breed a pair of mice
8) Check the temps of your tub
9) If temp is accurate place your snake inside
10) Sit on the lounge and have a beer

Thanks for your opinions guys!! I wanted to give something a go and I found on a snake website that carpet would be good but no biggie can always change it!!!
I am going to the reptile shop this arvo hense why I put it up for your opinions dont worry I am in no rush to put a snake in it I will not be getting a snake until everything is perfect so fars we have
-Replace carpet with soil
-make wooden lid with fly screen for ventillation
-different hide out and water bowl
Red belly bite I did try and look up how but didnt find much so I tried and failed but I did try perhaps your opinion on what to change not just whats wrong but how I can fix it??
I am a beginner guys so please dont shoot me down just tell me how to fix it!!!!
Thanks!!!

Thanks for your opinions guys!! I wanted to give something a go and I found on a snake website that carpet would be good but no biggie can always change it!!!
I am going to the reptile shop this arvo hense why I put it up for your opinions dont worry I am in no rush to put a snake in it I will not be getting a snake until everything is perfect so fars we have
Red belly bite I did try and look up how but didnt find much so I tried and failed but I did try perhaps your opinion on what to change not just whats wrong but how I can fix it??
I am a beginner guys so please dont shoot me down just tell me how to fix it!!!!
Thanks!!!

I would ditch the tank all together. Plastic container.. The glass will loose heat, ventilation will be a problem and it will not be hard to escape.

Don't worry about soil...just put down some newspaper or paper towel
So much easier to clean.

To be honest its rubbish , your really better of to sort out a plastic tub , sistema make great ones , can get them from woolies for around $5-$6 , use paper towel as your substrate .

Have a search on here for click clacks , theres a heap of threads to help you out.

Carpet will hold way to much bacteria and not be at all good for your snake long term .
Tape of any kind should never be used in a cage , it will not end well .
If your sticking your lid , how will you open it ?? or are you going to re-stick it every time ??

EDIT... After re-reading this , i think ive been sucked into a gee-up

I'd go buy a plastic storage container and do what the others said and drill a few holes in it for ventilation and air, whack a heat mat under half of it, a few hides, something to climb on and a water bowl.

Depending on the sake even an air tight Tupperware container with a few holes in it would do alright
You really want a secure lid, snakes are escape artists.

i`m not a fan of dull boring enclosures like a plastic box with a dowl and newspaper, looks boring so imagine how much the snake would like it! i`ve tried to imatate its habitat in the wild, i control the temps and humidity

Thanks!!!
on this site if you go under search ...up the top ...and type in click clack set up it should come up with the perfect step by step of what you need ...and as far as substrate goes news paper is best ,,,not soil..ok do your homework before getting a snake ..realise its all exciting for you but unlike a dog or cat that is able to get around if its not keen on the little bed you have made for it ..the snake is stuck inside the enclosure it wont bark or meow to let you know its not suited for it ...the snake will suffer in silence,and you will only know there is a problem when you end up with a sick snake or dead ..this is why it is important to get it right the first time ....in no way am I being critical to you to be mean but no use saying well done when it is simply not ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back