Carpet Lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach85

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a SWCP who was born at the end of January. At the moment I am using a heat mat under her tank. She spends a lot of her time hangin out in her tree, as I know a lot of carpets do. My question is: Would it be a good idea to buy her a heat light, to put above her tank as at least that way she's not cold all day? I know she'll go into the hides that are on the heat mat if she's cold, but i hardly see her in them anymore. The room she's in doesn't get any warmer than about 21-22 deg. And temps in the hot spot are about 31deg-ish. She's healthy and happy with a good appetite otherwise, just wanted to know what other people think.
Any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Thanks
Rachael

Last edited:
If she's happy, there's no reason to change it. SWCP are found in some fairly cold places.

Yeah cool. Thanks for the replies guys

hot spot of say around 33/35 and the rest of the tank at the room temp of 22 sounds like a great thermal gradient to me when the snake wants warmth its available and when it wants to be cooler it has that available also perfect the reason it is not on the heat is it doesnt choose to be because you have provided it with the option:)

Thanx guys. That's answered my question really well.. :) She's such a beautiful friendly little girl. Sometimes a bit cranky if she gets woken up, but I totally sympathise with that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back