is this the stuff for incubating pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , keep it damp , and if you want you can mix in some grass clippings . l use scissors and cut some long , clean lawn type grass , mix it in to stabilize the mixture , .

ok thanks o and i forgot how much water i need to mix with it

just go by the feel of it, it just needs to be damp when its in your hand squeze it and if water drips out theres to much water and if no water drips out its perfect

i heard the ratio was 1:1 ?? correct me if i'm wrong

thats the grade 1 stuff and will do but I prefer the grade 4

see my post #4 in this thread http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-herps-42/vermiculite-118648

what sort of eggs are you incubating? morelia? usually mix equal parts by weight 1:1 of vermiculite and water. I litre of water weights I kilo so add a litre tor I kg of vermiculite (need scales)

Its always better to add a little less water as you can always add more by spraying the vermiculite if needed to add some more but its very hard to get rid of too much water once you add too much to the vermiculite in the egg container.

Have you thought about using the no substrate method? Worked well for me last season with 100% hatch rate.
No worrying about whether or not the vermiculite is too dry/damp.

no substrate method? o0o explain

o ok well 1 will try this way 1st cause i no it works and im incubating my 1st ever clutch of eggs there childreni and im so excited

1:1 by wieght, wiegh the vermiculite, wiegh same amount of water, spray on...

the no substrate ones ive seen on youtube have fishtank airrators in them to bubble the water to give the right humidity...

hey my incubater is
1 foam box with fish tank heater in the bottem fill it with water gotta wire thing outer a fridge and a container but the container does not need any holes does it

yer well wat u mean if i use 1ltr i mix it with 1ltr of water yes or no

i think u need to do more research into it, maybe let the snake incubate them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back