Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i will grab myself a Woma. Is the current list just for 20 20 , or is this all they available for the season?

I'm a little puzzled by the prices on the Darwin Het's. I got a pair last year and I'm pretty sure I only paid $1250 for them. This year they have the pairs at $2300. I do remember though that last year they copped a hiding on the forums for the prices they sold the Het's at so this years prices may be as a result of that.

Agree 100%. You only have to look how many people have gravid animals from albino x albino matings. It's obvious.

This has been argued to death in the past, most breeders don't base their prices on SR's discounts. Once the animals in the 20/20 are sold that's it. Breeders know what they want and people will be willing to buy their animals. Albinos in particular hold their price fairly well, i think it will be a few years before the prices start to fall with the darwin. God knows what will happen with the introduction of more albino species in years to come, will they drop or will interest be at its highest and keep the current prices steady for longer?

I'm a little puzzled by the prices on the Darwin Het's. I got a pair last year and I'm pretty sure I only paid $1250 for them. This year they have the pairs at $2300. I do remember though that last year they copped a hiding on the forums for the prices they sold the Het's at so this years prices may be as a result of that.

Were they 100% hets or 66%? $1250 each is the average going price for 100% hets. I don't think they had any albino or 100% hets in the 20/20 last year.

This has been argued to death in the past, most breeders don't base their prices on SR's discounts. Once the animals in the 20/20 are sold that's it. Breeders know what they want and people will be willing to buy their animals. Albinos in particular hold their price fairly well, i think it will be a few years before the prices start to fall with the darwin.

Very well put.

Just because more competent keepers have Albino carpets up to size and can cycle and pair them with the high probability that there will be more offspring on the market this year, does in no way, gaurantee that they will go for under $3000 each this season.

Probably another 15 months off yet!!

I think it is expensive this year. Last year they had good deals but this year they are up with other breeders.

after another male rob:lol:

they do seem to be the first thing to go when the 20/20 is up.

I have never bought from SR before. On the 20/20 deal do you get a choice, can you see pics of what you are getting or you take what they give you?

I have never bought from SR before. On the 20/20 deal do you get a choice, can you see pics of what you are getting or you take what they give you?

After you pay deposit, when its your turn they will send you pics of what they have got, then you choose

This has been argued to death in the past, most breeders don't base their prices on SR's discounts.

completely agree. i think it is a great way for SR as a business to quickly make back a few bucks to help cover the costs of the last season feeding, cleaning etc.... but it does not set the prices

After you pay deposit, when its your turn they will send you pics of what they have got, then you choose

problem is that you dont get many to chose from imo. buying from a non-comercial breeder you get a little more options and quality... the little guys breed more for quality and dont focus on quantity. Im not interested in buying from comercial guys cause i just dont get the options and quality im after.

as for the non 20/20 prices, i think they are well priced. however i would have thought an albino male would be more then an albino female??

No albino or het for albino blueys.

What's up with that?
I think there was to much interest in them this year rob, and they were confident they could sell the stock without the 20/20 sale.
The black bluey 100% hets are most certainly a reasonable price imo tho

. however i would have thought an albino male would be more then an albino female??
You only need the one male tho, the more females you have to breed to that male, the more hatchlings you will get. So therefore females higher price.....

completely agree. i think it is a great way for SR as a business to quickly make back a few bucks to help cover the costs of the last season feeding, cleaning etc.... but it does not set the prices

problem is that you dont get many to chose from imo. buying from a non-comercial breeder you get a little more options and quality... the little guys breed more for quality and dont focus on quantity. Im not interested in buying from comercial guys cause i just dont get the options and quality im after.

as for the non 20/20 prices, i think they are well priced. however i would have thought an albino male would be more then an albino female??

I got my spotteds from snake ranch and it was late in the season, and there was still alot to choose from , with great patterns

You only need the one male tho, the more females you have to breed to that male, the more hatchlings you will get. So therefore females higher price.....

yer but you could put the male with multiple females, normals and albinos. actually until now male albinos ahve generally been abit more expensive then females?? either way, good price imo. great snake and its great to see themmore affordable for more keepers!

I got my spotteds from snake ranch and it was late in the season, and there was still alot to choose from , with great patterns

each to their own.... as long as the buyer is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back