Breeding Diamonds....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

W.T.BUY

Hey all About a month ago I got my 2 diamond pythons probed. 1 Is defiantly a male (13 scales) The other is kinda in between (6-7 scales). The lady that probed them said to put them together anyways and try my luck. They are both around 6-7 foot long. I just introduced the possible female into the male and was wondering if there are any sign's I should be looking for. (been following the heating methods from the Breeding Australian Python Book)

cuddling kissing , holding hands LOL

sorry mate couldnt resist

locked up tails sitting together on top of one another

if its to males im pretty darn sure they will start fighting someone might wnat to correct me on that though

yeah id say 2 males would start fighting pretty much straight away....dont know if it works but why not try putting some of the shed from the male into the cage your not sure about and see what happens...
may not make a difference but might be worth a try

Diamond males don't fight.
I keep mine together all year round.
Even during mating they are happy to be together, they just wait their turn.

I wouldn't say that all male diamonds don't fight but as a rule they are generally more easy going with each other as opposed to some of the other carpets and other species of python.
I have a couple of diamonds that are very keen to fight when first introduced but when they are introduced again maybe the next day or so they can't be bothered to fight anymore and will stay peacefully with the female.

They seem to be doing fine together atm. (curled together under the basking spot.) The possible female did excrete a lot of urine just before could be marking territory?

I wouldn't say that all male diamonds don't fight but as a rule they are generally more easy going with each other as opposed to some of the other carpets and other species of python.
I have a couple of diamonds that are very keen to fight when first introduced but when they are introduced again maybe the next day or so they can't be bothered to fight anymore and will stay peacefully with the female.

I also keep all my diamonds together all year round i have 4 males and 2 girls,not a prob.

Few quick pics...

Attachments

• IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0845.JPG
    IMG_0845.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0847.JPG
    IMG_0847.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 73
looks promising mate once those tails line up bang they should be going offf

The tails are now entwined. Looking very promising. Getting very excited now. Was abit depressed when the possible female probed 7 scales but this is making up for it.

take pics mate ! is this the first python you have attempted?

Yep. First time. Will take some pics later. Just let them have a little private time ;)

The male looks like he is getting jiggy now. Kinda like big vibrations..

I recently had a Natural Intergrade that we all thought was a female,tiny little spurs.I placed her in with a male and the next morning they were both in opposite ends,i checked again and decided to seperate.I then placed with a male and within 5-10minutes they were mating,so you cant always go by the spurs,but in most circumstances it is a good give away...My other male has spurs 5-7mm long and the females are only 1-2mm....Best of luck with your Diamonds,i hope all goes well...MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back