Finally GHOST Darwin Eggs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but I would think if they were called 'ghost', I would expect them to be patternless and colour as if they were about to shed...smoky looking.....I think the name is wrong.

The name isn't right or wrong, it is what Nick named them. As for being ashamed of himself for doing it I doubt that very much, there isn't much chance of someone confusing them with other ghost morphs. To me the name came about because of the 'ghostly' appearance of the hatchlings, they were very pale and the markings were reminiscent of the cartoon type ghost with a flowing pattern.

I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ARE CALLED GHOST

Ask Nik STOCK he bred them.

jas

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, (bangs head on keyboard) that's just a name for Gods Sake...LMAO just accept it guys......:lol::lol:

haha... gona be interesting when we get albino x axanthics in the near future... ie, real ghosts... confusing ;)

I think you mean hypo x axanthics. An albino/axanthic pairing leads to snows ;)

Best of luck with the eggs zobo :D

Yeah it's a bit strange these ghost Darwins as Darwins as far back as I can remember were typically banded animals,no stripes etc.Why if they are such amazing animals didn't Nick try to prove them to be genetic as there's only a few with very wide striped patterns when they were first bred however the animal in this thread looks very similar to some Irian Jayas.If you had albino carpets as well as a new Darwin morph wouldn't one want to see what comes from an albino x ghost pairing which.If they are Darwins breeding albino to ghost will still produce pure Darwins not cross bred with anything will just be a new Darwin morph.This would be an exciting project seeing as this is what Nick's breeding now since he apparently sold all his jungles and other animals to concentrate on his albino Darwins and olives etc.It makes me wonder why these heavily reduced patterned ghosts haven't been produced again.Someone mentioned that a lot of time went into the ghost breeding programme however as far as I understood they just popped out of a clutch from normal Darwins...Are there any pics of the actual parents?They looked awesome when young but didn't grow up to look like anything really special from pics I've seen and I agree with arbok that they do resemble IJ's rather than Darwins?

All the best with the eggs and it would be great to see if anything like the highly reduced patterned ones hatch out for you which would prove the trait!

it is interesting that he moved them on but often things just have to be moved for personal reasons. i personally would have sold up something else though to work with these, but i have always regarded working with the newest morphs to be the goal of breeding. each to there own though. i have heard rumours of this 'variation' not being inheritable, but i tend not to believe many of the rumours.
i do hope they prove out!

***I AM NOT accusing anyone of wrong doing***
5 or 6 years ago me and a couple of mates who were also into herps, were at a bloke's place when this other guy came around with 2 "NT" carpet pythons in a bag (showed us all) and told us that they were Irian Jaya carpets & there where more available if any of us wanted them ? Laughing about it he said that his mate had written them on as Darwin carpets so they were legal ! & they looked the same as these !

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 163
i wouldnt even bother with a 'are they darwins or irian jaya' cause we would never know even if they were. imo irian jaya's are just variagata on the other side of the pond.... in most cases to similar to distinguish between.
if they are/were irian jayas and have been put with a darwin, to me its no different then a coastal from brisbane mating with a coastal from cairns.
im just waiting for someone to come out with a full pludged granite darwin

10-11 pages before everyone starts getting narky and name calling, then the threads closed...yeh it'll happen....lol :lol:
I just want an APS "ring time" insult forum, where everyone can cut loose and let it all out and say what they feel after reading a certain post....Think of the scenario: post insults someone or negative comments..."listen buddy, don't like what you said, see you in the ring"....next minute click to the ring time forum and it's hell for leather....evryone can post fight, fight and watch the insults fly.....as the responsible, mature adult that I am.....a disclaimer kids are not allowed of course! :lol::lol:
I love these threads :lol:

10-11 pages before everyone starts getting narky and name calling, then the threads closed...yeh it'll happen....lol :lol:
I just want an APS "ring time" insult forum, where everyone can cut loose and let it all out and say what they feel after reading a certain post....Think of the scenario: post insults someone or negative comments..."listen buddy, don't like what you said, see you in the ring"....next minute click to the ring time forum and it's hell for leather....evryone can post fight, fight and watch the insults fly.....as the responsible, mature adult that I am.....a disclaimer kids are not allowed of course! :lol::lol:

sure would make things exciting :lol:

Here's one of my Irian Jayas from Jasons last clutch, it's just starting to colour up towards the head.
DSC_0362_resize.jpg

Just like to clear up, that im not having a go at anyone. I simply saw a similarity in the IJ's and the ghost darwins.

Jason, i personally dont agree with crossing an IJ with a darwin, but each to there own. As Browns said Darwins tend to be banded were as these ghost form are stripped which is the clear trait the IJ's have.

The theory that darwins only come banded and not striped is utter bunk.I have produced striped types over the years and they ARE 100% darwin.As to the rest of this thread I have no opinion either way.

Edit:leave me out of it Boa I don't appreciate it !

Last edited:
As Browns said Darwins tend to be banded were as these ghost form are stripped which is the clear trait the IJ's have.

Is that the case for wild animals though, or may that be influenced by jayas being in captivity and breeding projects for alot longer then darwins?
this pic is one of my darwins and is from a wild caught female...

Attachments

• M4.JPG
    M4.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back