Herping at work

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Matt-

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Came across this little fella at work tonight...well he wasnt so little (about 6 inches long). He wasnt happy to see me at all and hissed and carried on. Sorry pics arent real flash as they were taken quickly on my phone

Nice little find Matt,is it a leaf tailed gecko

Im not sure Mark, Im pretty clueless when it comes to lizards. He made some amazing noises though and really tried to make himself look big and scary as soon as he saw me.

Im the same when it comes to lizards in identifying,except the common ones...Im only going by the look of its tail thats all...Wait til all the lizard people come on board they shall id...

Thanks Jonno, Im near Coffs Harbour and this is the first one Ive ever seen...such a stunning looking little fella.

2nd pic is great and the 3rd one he thought you were holding him up or you wanted to frisk him LOL

Other way round :)

It's Phyllurus platurus. They are remarkably common in some of the suburbs around Gosford - I remember finding them underneath a friends house.
Jonno i don't think it is a Phyllurus platurus, i live in Gosford and i have never seen one with that many patterns or colours, and mattsnake lives near Coffs Harbour and that is a long way from where they are found in the wild.
Thanks Tim.

Jonno i don't think it is a Phyllurus platurus, i live in Gosford and i have never seen one with that many patterns or colours, and mattsnake lives near Coffs Harbour and that is a long way from where they are found in the wild.
Thanks Tim.
BAHHHHHAHAHA bless ya cotton socks Tim...;)

is it a Saltuarius wyberba perhaps ? .....:lol::lol:

Whoops, Jonno made a mistake...thought he was in Sydney and didn't bother opening the photo's :)

It's Saltuarius moritzi.

yes it is saltuarius moritzi, I cannot keep up with all the splitting. I have been looking everywhere for wild ones to photograph. I cant seem to find them, I know good spots where they have been found, they just are to camoflaged for me :lol:

Sweet pics! Maybe not the quality, LOL, but those poses are just brilliant. Thanks for sharing :D.

Whoops, Jonno made a mistake...thought he was in Sydney and didn't bother opening the photo's :)

It's Saltuarius moritzi.
OMG ..I am gonna keep this on hand ....admitting you made a mistake ...LOOOOOVVVEEEE IT ;)...
And as far as the geck goes ..its still a leafy tailed one :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back