Crowley the blonde spotted python!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lequoise

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'd like you to meet Crowley, my new demon child! He arrived on Wednesday night and seems to be settling well into his new home. He's a year old blonde spotted python, about 30cm long and as wide as my pinkie. He's feisty and has already lunged at me and my bf while we were peering through the glass. He's just beautiful. :D

This morning he ate a pinkie mouse and he's been chillaxin' all day!

(Please excuse the camera phone!)

And here you can see him nomming his mouse!
[video=youtube;z5BcOb7k0Yw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5BcOb7k0Yw[/video]

Lequoise

Last edited:
Very cute, but are they pine or aspen shavings? If they are pine, I would switch to paper towel or if you wanted the more natural look, go aspen shavings. They're more expensive but pine is't really good for any animals health.

I'm not sure actually. When I got the enclosure the previous owner cleaned it out and set it up for me. He kept pythons in it as well so I'm assuming it'll be okay until I clean it out. :)

Nice little boy,i suggest you dont feed on the shavings,as he will most likely swallow some while hes eating,Im pretty sure he would digest it no problems,but to me its not worth it..

Boy, do I feel stupid. I've replaced the pine with some litter from the pet shop that says it's suitable for snakes, so hopefully now there are fewer things I can do wrong.

Thanks for the advice. :)

L

Hey don't feel silly the breeder should be the one feeling stupid as he supplied it too u,so how were u to know.
breeders choice is a good bedding and oz pet is even better as it is all wood and not recycled paper with plastic,staples and other mixed in, but saying that i used breeders choice for yrs :)

All the best with ur new little one.

cheers
Congo

huh? a year old and 30cm?

my childreni is 6 months and 35cm, and he eats fuzzy mice.

non the less, he looks like a nice snake, with some attitude aswell going by the pics :)

Thanks!!

Maybe being a blonde morph has something to do with it? Apparently he won't grow as large as the regular spotted. And he surely does have attitude, he pretty much hates everyone. :)

if he's a year old u should at least get him on fuzzies (as he's only 30cm)... my childreni turns a year old in 2weeks and he chomps down hopper mice ...

congratulations ... enjoy ur new addiction ;)

nice looking snake...i have 2...a male named Spike..he is only 40cm and is 9 month old... and my female named Pookie...dont know how old she is but she is about 1.2mtrs long...I was told she is a blonde.
You can check out my pics on my profile page....

lequoise
It seems that the seller who sold him too u is telling porky pies or just has no idea.this is just my point of view but feed him 1-2 fuzies every 5-7 days and he might calm down abit and handle him 2 days after feeding him for about 10 mins and put him bac and he'll calm down for u over time with no worries.
Like i said it is my point of view but some of the aggression maybe from hunger as he's so small at that age, my 18mth old girl is about 2 1/2 - 3 foot long and could breed this season and is eating weaner rats no prob

Cheers
Congo

I've got him fuzzies and I've handled him a little bit for a few minutes already, so I'll keep doing that and see how I go.

Thanks for the tips! :)

i have a blonde spotted python as well hes 22 months old but hes a awesome snake. congrats on your new snake. i was wondering do snakes reconize you?? because mu spotted loves me when i handle him hes fine as soon someone comes near me he strikes at them or when someone holds him he bites them. do you think snakes actually get to know just you??

I've got him fuzzies and I've handled him a little bit for a few minutes already, so I'll keep doing that and see how I go.

Thanks for the tips! :)
You may be able to up the food size even further. My Stimson's is about the same size as your Spotted and he swallowed his first pinky rat (quite a bit larger than the fuzzy mice I had been feeding him) this morning with no problems.

And, speaking as an old Ozzy Osborne fan from way back - great name!

lequoise
It seems that the seller who sold him too u is telling porky pies or just has no idea.

does anyone actually think that it is a blonde?
looks pretty stock-standard mac to me

Chilli was thinking that too but hard too tell from those photos so I don't know.
Derekm i suggested the fuzzie mice and yes they r same size as rat pup but have more fibre/roughage for the little one too grow on until he can go onto a fuzzy Rat.

Just my two cents :)

Cheers

Congo

hard to tell if its a blonde or not till it starts getting the colour on its underside, mine is 10months old and its starting to show now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back