APBT breeders/owners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;pflCG-bk0LA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflCG-bk0LA&feature=related[/video]

any thoughts on this

The baffling thing is that the Amstaff was developed from the Pitbull to allow it registration but no other dog was crossed into it so genetically they would be the same. All of a sudden one day all these pitbulls woke up as Amstaffs...so can someone explain how the DNA test would work. Is there a control sample that is used to test against?

Any way this is my girl Zeba. my G/F had a phobia of all dogs until she held this one at 5 weeks old. I didnt tell her what breed she was holding at the breeders cos i knew the typical mentality would make things worse, i told her she was a staffy (at 5 weeks you cant easily tell) . Zeba is now 8 months and gets more hugs than i do.

Attachments

• CIMG1175.JPG
    CIMG1175.JPG
    207.8 KB · Views: 40
  • CIMG1192.JPG
    CIMG1192.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 41
The baffling thing is that the Amstaff was developed from the Pitbull to allow it registration but no other dog was crossed into it so genetically they would be the same. All of a sudden one day all these pitbulls woke up as Amstaffs...so can someone explain how the DNA test would work. Is there a control sample that is used to test against?

Any way this is my girl Zeba. my G/F had a phobia of all dogs until she held this one at 5 weeks old. I didnt tell her what breed she was holding at the breeders cos i knew the typical mentality would make things worse, i told her she was a staffy (at 5 weeks you cant easily tell) . Zeba is now 8 months and gets more hugs than i do.

No control sample.

DNA testing is only applicable if you have an unpapered dog - so someone with an unpapered Amstaff whose dog came from parents whose origins can be proven.

So if two papered Amstaffs produce an unpapered Amstaff then the unpapered owner can get dna testing done on the dam and sire and his/her own unpapered Amstaff which will then prove the dog is in fact an Amstaff.

Really, it's just easier to get a papered Amstaff to begin with. Like you said, they're basically the same as Pitties anyway (though that debate rages on :p)

My understanding might be slightly off as I don't have any bullbreeds but I've kept up with the dangerous dog laws fairly well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back