snake catchers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After reading some of the current threads and hearing that a few people on here are snake re locaters thought i would ask a question.
Last year i had a massive brown come into my back yard
to sample my pet guinea pigs. considering i didn't want him to eat my furry pets i contacted TAMS (territory and municipal services) to see if u could get anyone to relocate him. i was answered with a straight out NO. they said that unless he was in my house with no way to get out they could not come and attend the scene as other wise they would be making house calls to the public all day. now needless to say i was pretty pi$sed off, ESP when i lost one of my new born guinea pigs :(
so im just wondering who else can you call in a situation like this? the council wouldn't even give me the no of a snake catcher so I'm unsure as to if there even is one in Canberra?

i would ring the reptile shops in the area and ask if they know any catchers, if they do and pass you onto someone, im sure they would be happy to relocate it for you.
My local herp shop has a few business cards of local snake catchers.

In the ACT the only people permitted to catch reptiles from your yard are TAMS, so if they will not do it there is no-one else permitted...

your right grannieannie, that is stupid!
i bet that encourages a lot of people who dont like snakes to " remove " them them selves!!

That's canberra for ya???

Can't you tell them it bailed you up on the verandah but ya shovel missed it lol......

Just another thought but doesnt swaddo catch snakes??? he may not be permitted but in this need to know basis...???

By the time the catcher would have got there the GP would have been long gone.

Maybe try making the GP enclosure snake proof?

You would think the authorities would welcome other people being catchers, it would save them time and work.........very strange indeed....but hey, we don't make the rules, we just have to keep them......................

yeah all piglets are now gone cept for 2 that are inside i just thinks its silly and is going to encourage people that are frightened of snakes to act on impluse and kill the snakes, we get a lot of red bellys as well and its sad to think that they might get killed when it isnt necissary

In QLD ...I will go on calls if the snakes are in the yard ,in the house or shed /garage..chook house ...if there is a general panic or a high risk ,I will attend ...I wont go if a python is 18 foot up a tree disturbing the birds (yes this was a real call) down at the dam on a 5 acre property,in a drain on the street in a major town ,in a air vent in a block/brick wall (I need an explosives permit and I dont have one:))...but over all if that person/s is in a state of panic and I generally feel that it wont move on or is a risk of getting in a worse spot ...no problems ..and I do it 24/7 ...

we need u in the berra redbellybite lol

yeah its funny how we all have differant rules and regs ...same with what we can keep give ya the poops ..if it was an overall rule for all ..things would be alot better ...sounds like Canberra isnt the best place to live in if you have venomous snakes in your yard ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back