What did u call it at school

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungle_Fever1

Reaction score
hey all

What did You used to call your school lunch providr :) lol

i went to 4 primary schools and in early years of school i always caled it a tuck shop, which is darn right Aussie, but when i moved and changed schools i was lauughed at when i called it a tuck shop.

canteen sounds so crap what u think.

primary school - tuck shop
high school - well they call it a canteen but all the kids still just call it a tuckshop

canteen or cafeteria. but my schools one has its own name...so we generally call it Mark's...lol complicated stuff...

When I was in primary school it was tuck shop but when I went to high school it was called canteen.
Every school I've worked in it is now called canteen - primary & high school.

Tuck shop, and mum was lucky to give us 50c which we spent on licorics and carobs. Alot of the time we fed our carobs to the bluetongue which hid under the school, which we kept secret so that none of the other kids would hurt it.
One year it simply vanished. No doubt some kid took it.

Tuckshop in NSW for all of Primary School, and also for yr7 in QLD... Then in QLD for Highschool I think I called it the Canteen?

In my day, it was a CANTEEN, and we had DINNER-LADIES dishing out meat, two or three veg and gravy, AND a dessert!!! (NOW I'm showing my age!! LOL) They would probably do well to do that again, considering the concern about kids not eating healthy or properly!!!!!

Tuck shop ....you dont get ladies with canteen arms ...they get tuckshop arms ...

mmm, I have always known them as Mars Bar Arms???.. I can't even recall what I called the shop though, think Tuck shop in primary, Canteen in high school... all I remember was they only ordered about 4 apple turnovers a day, the race was always on at recess to get one.

boy dip,u had it easy,having da ladies there to dish it up like an army mess hall ......lololol

we had Tuckshop in primary...canteen in high....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back