'Horrific act of cruelty': cat survives 13 shots in head

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Me thinks it would have been far less cruel if they had used a decent calibre gun!

'Horrific act of cruelty': cat survives 13 shots in head

'Horrific act of cruelty': cat survives 13 shots in head THOMAS HUNTER

September 22, 2009 - 1:14PM
420-smoky-420x0.jpg
Smoky the cat after his shooting ordeal. Photo: Supplied by Victoria Police

A cat shot 13 times in the head has survived to return home three days later in what police have dubbed an "horrific act of cruelty".

That's disgusting some people just sicken me. Hope they catch the bastard's and put a few shots in there head

And anyone who thinks that this is appropriate behavior should just be locked up

thats terrible :(
people who abuse animals for their own sadistic pleasure disgust me.

I cannot seriously think how anyone can purposefully bring harm to any animal.. I feel terrible when i accidently bump into my dog because they just have such a human personality and without a doubt there would be terror written all over that cats face when those sick sick people did that to it....Makes me so so angry

I'm sitting here with one of my cats on my shoulder and if someone did this to him, I would hunt them down and do the same to them.
I despise animal abusers, the animals have done nothing that could come close to deserving this!!

I am guessing the cat was caught in a trap, and someone has tried to euthanise it with an underpowered air rifle...poor cat.

i hate cats!, but that is wrong. what sort of sick so n so does that. i wonder what their next effort will be?.
cheers

The question is, did they mean to kill the poor thing? or simply torture it?
If it had been caught in a cage, then they had obviously let the poor thing go to die.
If you have the heart to kill something at least have the morals to do it quickly and cleanly.
It is disturbing to see what people will do for kicks.

He's not dead, they were torturing him, the story said the vet dug a heap of shot out of him and that he would survive. Poor li'l guy

yeah I meant were they TRYING to kill it and failed? or did they actually plan on just blowing holes in its face... did they know that the gun was that under powered? Maybe they just decided to "test" it on someones pet... either way it's damn morbid

Oh the poor darl, makes me sick. :(

If I found who did that I can tell you, they'd be wishing their already dead!

Really though Midol, there needs to be a serious deterrent, as perpetrators of this kind of cruelty seem to be getting off with a slap on the wrist or a nominal fine. At least a suspended sentence should be imposed so they have a criminal record...

why don't these people just shoot themselves. this is just horrifying to see :'(

and here i was thinking that cats only have 9 lives...
very sad though.

I think jail is appropriate for any acts of cruelty. Imagine if those sickos had a baby in their care and it wouldnt stop crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back