Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I am aware no person has been prosecuted, however a "stern warning" was given by DSE and RSPCA, the procedure is banned and there is the threat of prosecution. But then again, how often do we hear of RSPCA doing anything about cruelty to reptiles?

I think they just put it in the "too hard" basket. Too time consuming and for "just a reptile".

All creatures great and small, if they have fur or feathers and fit our political agenda!

Why use them for training in handling purposes, be like learning to drive in a car with no motor.
Isnt patting and playing with a rbb or brown probably something kids -shouldnt- see.

According to DSE these snakes are not permitted to be used in any training courses as they do not assist in training people, they give a false sense of security and there is a lack of realism if a person knows that the snake cannot do any damage!

I can't say what I really want to about him because I will get a warning or banned.
After looking through some of those pics I can't understand how he can call himself an expert. In some of the pics he has the taipan labled as the deadlist snake and the fierce snake as number 3. He even calls the colletts Jaffa snakes. What a "beep" head.

Guys I'll never remove venom glands. I only have a desire to keep RBBS and maybe maybe a taipan... But... Reptiles are like fish. They are for looking at, not playing with, so there is no reason for the venom glands to be removed to me.

I was just curious. I am against it 100% but without anesthetic is so much worse.

Guys I'll never remove venom glands. I only have a desire to keep RBBS and maybe maybe a taipan... But... Reptiles are like fish. They are for looking at, not playing with, so there is no reason for the venom glands to be removed to me.

I was just curious. I am against it 100% but without anesthetic is so much worse.
big difference between a redbelly and a taipan

"World First!!! Successful breeding of venomoid Eastern Brown Snakes (Pseudonaja textilis). Unfortunately the hatchlings depicted were still venomous."

Apparently he thinks we are all idiots. The less said about him the better... Still have no idea why someone hasnt persecuted this fool.

thats the worst thing he could have done, those kids that probably wern't listening but watching him will prolly try to do that if get their hands on a snake. the man should be locked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
How has this guy not been charged with animal cruelty?? He is forcing snakes to repeatedly bite him!! Not only is it cruelty to animals it's completely negligent. Its like teaching people how to handle and fire a gun using a replica. "Look, don't be afraid, you can point it at your head, pull the trigger and not die!!"

Notice how sluggish and lethargic the snakes where?? they tiger was pretty limp. I cannot understand how he is still freeling in business.

Hmm this is a very touchy argument and I see that most people are against this mans practices. But I can see both sides of the argument and believe that what this man has done is somewhat of an achievement. I.E breeding the brown sankes etc.

Hmm this is a very touchy argument and I see that most people are against this mans practices. But I can see both sides of the argument and believe that what this man has done is somewhat of an achievement. I.E breeding the brown sankes etc.

They are only the first snakes without venom glands to breed....the hatchlings still have glands themselves, he only removed the glands from the parents, not the genes that make them venomous.

they tiger was pretty limp. I cannot understand how he is still freeling in business.

just curious, what do you base that the snake is not healthy just because it is limp.... i have a tiger snake here that when food is around will react faster than the blink of a eye.... but outside of the enclosure it is slow and quite calm.... i still don't trust him.

but hes in perfect health...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back