Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not long left tsv and used to go out herp hunting... loved it... there are some great specimans up there.. love the burtons too

Just thought I'd share some pics of some of the herps i've seen over the last month including:

1 x brown
3 x taipans (a 1st for me)
100s x keelbacks, common trees and whip snakes
1 x black-striped snake (another 1st)
1 x BHP (another first)

A few more.....the whip snakes mating was a first also :D

Attachments

• Whipsnakesmating.jpg
    Whipsnakesmating.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 67
  • WhipSnake.jpg
    WhipSnake.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 64
Great shots Kris. Congrats on the Taipan and the BHP...Did you encounter those around the area? Also, any idea on the skink species? Looks like a Glaphyromorphus sp? Looks like a very productive month of herping.

Pete - The BHP was just outside Charters Towers, all the rest were in my local area and yep I think the skink is Glaphyromorphus punctulatus.

Jonno - sady not, the 1st time I was totally unprepared as I was never expecting to see one, the second time it was so big and swift I was kind of frozen to the spot until it dissappeared into grass! The 3rd time I had no excuse but never got a pic - but now I know where a good place to look for them is I am keeping my fingers crossed I should get a photo soon.

some great finds there naivepom an some sweet pic's too.

i went out herpin' last last an got 5 death adder an a 7ft scrub python.

Cheers Iceman - sounds like you've had some decent luck herping recently as well - 5 death adders in 1 night is a pretty good haul by anyone's standards!

Nice pictures! Jealous with the BHP, and love the GTS pics, gorgeous animals. Looking forward to lecture recess and will see if I can find anything (I can see lots of catching up for uni happening...)

5 death adders in 1 night is a pretty good haul by anyone's standards!
It's enough to make you sick with jealousy :lol: There are supposed to be a population of adders in the Gladstone area but we've never come across one and it's not for lack of trying. 5 in one night is just greedy.

Kersten, by the sounds of things looks like i'll have to come down there an show yous how its done lol .......

Ok Princess, name the day.

I get the usual b-s stories, "a mate caught a spotted python and handled it, and when I checked it out it was an adder" all the time. In 10yrs holding a dmp and 18 odd years being interested/keeping I still haven't located one here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back