Free forum?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
I've noticed that pretty regularly people have all sorts of stuff to give away, from enclosures right through to pets.

I recon a giveaway forum would be a good addition to the forsale section of the forum. What do you recon admin?

sweet as mate, what are you gana give away since your so keen waruikazi? :p

(it felt like the best thing to say) but anyway it would be good for the not so rich to get free stuff every so often

haha free stuff! somebody got a snake they wanna give away :D im being serious

sweet as mate, what are you gana give away since your so keen waruikazi? :p

My body.

Lol no i do have a few things to get rid of. But i'm more interested in getting stuff for free, right now i've noticed that the threads that contain things to give away tend to be all over the shop ie, in chit chat, snakes, general herps etc etc. I just recon it would be a good idea to have them all in one place.

it is a good idea. but it will have its downfall.
Free loaders will just jump on the first things that come up even if they have no need for it, and the people who sit around all day on the forums, probably with no school or job to go to, will just jump on everything that comes up.

I have seen this happen before on other forums, and it never ends with everyone happy.

For example, say i wanted/needed an old fridge i had been hunting for months to use as an incubator, but didn't have much money to go buy one (even an old beat up one), and one came up for freebie on the forums. It would almost be like hitting the lottery if you needed something so badly, and your dreams could be shattered by someone who just feels like taking something for free, because well.....its free.

just my 2c anyway.

Free loaders will just jump on the first things that come up even if they have no need for it, and the people who sit around all day on the forums, probably with no school or job to go to, will just jump on everything that comes up.

I have seen this happen before on other forums, and it never ends with everyone happy.

For example, say i wanted/needed an old fridge i had been hunting for months to use as an incubator, but didn't have much money to go buy one (even an old beat up one), and one came up for freebie on the forums. It would almost be like hitting the lottery if you needed something so badly, and your dreams could be shattered by someone who just feels like taking something for free, because well.....its free.

just my 2c anyway.

Well you've worded it very negatively but that is kinda the idea. Everyone will know where to look for the giveaways and if ur quick you could pick yourself up something that is pretty handy. Who chooses to take what really is of no concern and little consequence so long as it is done legally.

lol, i think i can offer my services too, ladies....;)

Thats right unfortunately.

Maybe it could be conteracted some way, a limit per couple of months? Or maybe a wanted or needed section within the free forum so before its offered for all to jump at, the giver can look for someone genuily in need.
OR (my best idea yet) to be able to get something for free you have to be offering something or have already given something away for free...

Sounds a good idea.
If I was giving away anything for free it would be pick up only.

So, I suppose however lives around your area will have first dibs.

lol, i think i can offer my services too, ladies....;)

Thats right unfortunately.

Maybe it could be conteracted some way, a limit per couple of months? Or maybe a wanted or needed section within the free forum so before its offered for all to jump at, the giver can look for someone genuily in need.
OR (my best idea yet) to be able to get something for free you have to be offering something or have already given something away for free...

I don't think you really understand hey. It is first in best dressed, you snooze you lose... If someone who really really wants something misses out because someone else beats them to the punch. Then bad luck! lol. You know this is no different to a for sale forum, if you don't get in first you still mess out.

Anyway i think it is a good idea.

Yes, i know everything will be legal, but being legal will not keep everyone happy.

I have seen this work on a computer-related forum i used to be a member of, and it seemed the same people would ALWAYS get the freebies, because they would sit at home all day with no jobs, and as soon as the threads would be started, they would reply with "TAKEN, THANKS"
It was ok the first few times, but when they would take EVERYTHING, it wore very thin, especially since people were begging for what they had just taken for free because they could use it better.
I am all for it, i am just giving my opinion of the matter, and how i think things will turn out.

On another note, i was offered a free bearded dragon and tank about a year ago now, and had to refuse for 1, i didnt have the room at the time to house a six foot tank, and i didnt even really want a beardy then. He said if i didnt want it then he would give it to his mates younger sister, which i told him to do that because she actually wanted it, it was just easier for me to take it because i lived around the corner from him.
Since then i have been given a free six foot fish tank that i now have room for, and was given a very aggressive and snappy juvi darwin python because they previous owner didnt like getting bitten and was going to let it go!!

Lol. with my work im on here all sorts of crap hours. Id be in for good chances, its all good for me lol:p

Yes, i know everything will be legal, but being legal will not keep everyone happy.

I have seen this work on a computer-related forum i used to be a member of, and it seemed the same people would ALWAYS get the freebies, because they would sit at home all day with no jobs, and as soon as the threads would be started, they would reply with "TAKEN, THANKS"
It was ok the first few times, but when they would take EVERYTHING, it wore very thin, especially since people were begging for what they had just taken for free because they could use it better.
I am all for it, i am just giving my opinion of the matter, and how i think things will turn out.They sound like the people who would benefit from free things the most, they obviously wouldn't have alot of money. Hey maybe you could put up a wanted ad for the things you want for free?

On another note, i was offered a free bearded dragon and tank about a year ago now, and had to refuse for 1, i didnt have the room at the time to house a six foot tank, and i didnt even really want a beardy then. He said if i didnt want it then he would give it to his mates younger sister, which i told him to do that because she actually wanted it, it was just easier for me to take it because i lived around the corner from him.
Since then i have been given a free six foot fish tank that i now have room for, and was given a very aggressive and snappy juvi darwin python because they previous owner didnt like getting bitten and was going to let it go!! That is excellent!

I didn't read anything but your first line so that's all i will respond to. NOT EVERYONE HAS TO BE HAPPY, i didn't have this idea to keep everyone happy. I had this idea to help people find a bargain easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back