Nintendo Wii

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
Hey folks

This is more of a public service announcement.

Nintendo Wii tennis is not excercise. I'm sick of all the fat unhealthy people saying that the Wii is good for fitness. It is not! Walking is good for fitness, playing real tennis is good for fitness, riding you bike is good for fitness but playing a stupid video game is not good for fitness.

You think it is good for fitness because because you are so lazy that you haven't moved your body in a good 20 years and you have forgotten what it is like to exert any energy.

Nintendo Wii tennis is not excercise!

I agree! They say all that stuff about how good it is for your exercise and fitness but really i don't think it is. If you think about it, if you play wii tennis without the remote you're just moving your arm side to side. HAHA! But of course its SO much fun :)

Hahaha, yeah like changing the channel with the remote exercises my fingers.
Perish the thought of ever having to get up and change the channel on the tv! Thats a full hike!

but... i just bought a wii fit :S now how will i work on my pectorals ):

but you burn so many calories.... somethinglike 7 calories per set... must be getting fit...

roflmao, fat mofo's

~$450 for Wii + accessories
~$200 For Wii Fit
~$1200 for TV

OR

Run around the block - FREE
Pushups, Situps, Squats and Lunges out the backyard - FREE

Gotta love society these days. :p

i read an article in the paper the other day about QUT doing a study on wii fit and if it actually has any effects on increasing your gneral fitness levels. over a 2 week period they are doing 30 minutes a day to find out if it actually works.

It is actually good excercise for those who can't move too well through arthritis, or any skeletal degenerative condition. Full tennis courts would be an impossible idea........ but the Tennis, and other games on the wii is an excellent tool for getting up and moving about when one usually can't.

As for the following:
the activities may be free to do, but the cost afterwards to some pain wise and joint wise would be astronomical. As doctors say, anything that gets a person off a seat and moving around is a positive in the right direction.

roflmao, fat mofo's

its stupid comments like this that make over weight people NOT want to go for a walk/jog around the block..... the fear of people looking/pointing and laughing at someone trying to loose weight.I hear stupid comments like this all the time(its a good thing i couldnt give a crap what others think about my size) if people feel more confidant playing wii in the comfort of their own homes good luck to them,at least they are trying to do something about it......

pft Wii may not be "working out" BUT at the end of the day if it gets people doing something rather than nothing well i don't see any thing wrong with that, people need to start somewhere and if its fun at least there is a chance they will keep doing it and more people will start doing it as well.

/my 2cents

Yeah, I'm sure all the marketing directors at Nintendo are thinking about everyone's health at the end of the day... LOL! I don't think Wii was ever designed to do anything except compete against the other consoles and make $$$ for Nintendo. Mind you, I've got one, but not for fitness hehe. But each to their own. It's a novel console, so good on 'em.

It is actually good excercise for those who can't move too well through arthritis, or any skeletal degenerative condition. Full tennis courts would be an impossible idea........ but the Tennis, and other games on the wii is an excellent tool for getting up and moving about when one usually can't.

Dipcdame, I bet not many people even considered your angle. Wii-habilitation has actually been around (in some form) almost since the console came out.

As for the following:
the activities may be free to do, but the cost afterwards to some pain wise and joint wise would be astronomical. As doctors say, anything that gets a person off a seat and moving around is a positive in the right direction.

No it's not good excercise for anyone doing it. That's what they tell themselves and that's why they are still fat. Start eating healthy and try going for walks lol.

pft Wii may not be "working out" BUT at the end of the day if it gets people doing something rather than nothing well i don't see any thing wrong with that, people need to start somewhere and if its fun at least there is a chance they will keep doing it and more people will start doing it as well.

/my 2cents

I don't see anything wrong with it, just don't call it excercise lol. It's a computer game lol not a fitness regime.

.........what good would eating healthy do for a disintergrating spine? and how does one go jogging with same? Please tell me, then I wouldn't be 'fat' as you so delicately put it. I have only put weight on because of my inability to move around easily without excruciating pain for hours after. Neither painkillers or anti inflammatories don't help neither.

People who are so damned judgemental make me thoroughly sick, judge the PERSON, NOT the appearance.

We bought a wii especially so I COULD get up and about and do something, and make it pleasureable to do so, taking my mind off the pain I am experiencing at the time. For some, it is the only excercise they can do, and as someone else said earlier in this thread, better to do SOMETHING than nothing atall.

Nicman, agreed, even some nursing homes are using them because it gets their residents up and ACTIVE............................ EXCERCISING, in other words!!!!!

.........what good would eating healthy do for a disintergrating spine? and how does one go jogging with same? Please tell me, then I wouldn't be 'fat' as you so delicately put it. I have only put weight on because of my inability to move around easily without excruciating pain for hours after. Neither painkillers or anti inflammatories don't help neither.

People who are so damned judgemental make me thoroughly sick, judge the PERSON, NOT the appearance.

We bought a wii especially so I COULD get up and about and do something, and make it pleasureable to do so, taking my mind off the pain I am experiencing at the time. For some, it is the only excercise they can do, and as someone else said earlier in this thread, better to do SOMETHING than nothing atall.

Nicman, agreed, even some nursing homes are using them because it gets their residents up and ACTIVE............................ EXCERCISING, in other words!!!!!

LOL it is a video game! Not excercise! That's like saying lifting a cheeseburger to your mouth is excercies for you arms and then chewing it is excercise for your mouth. No it is eating, not excercising haha.

its stupid comments like this that make over weight people NOT want to go for a walk/jog around the block..... the fear of people looking/pointing and laughing at someone trying to loose weight.I hear stupid comments like this all the time(its a good thing i couldnt give a crap what others think about my size) if people feel more confidant playing wii in the comfort of their own homes good luck to them,at least they are trying to do something about it......

i agree 100% with hobbo
when i was at my bigger size i was to embarassed to go to the gym, for a walk etc because of people like YOU TWENTYB that would make nasty comments.
tottaly unneciassary twentyb you "ugly mofo" ps - made me feel sooo much better abbout my self being able to put others down - thats where u get your jollys from isnt it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back